Elderflower wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jam

Regular.
Reaction score
Made elderflower wine from picked elderflower it's been in dj for about 6 weeks now I've racked them into another dj and took a reading and it's still showing sweet how long usually does wine take to finish.

Is the SG still dropping or is it stuck? I ask because I made 2 DJs of Elderflower wine recently and they took 8 days to ferment. In my experience non-fruit wines are prone to sticking, or I could just be me, lol. Try Vitamin B1 tabs.

It still seems to be little activity going on just seems a long time fermenting

It depends on a lot of different factors like the yeasts alcohol tolerance and how much sugar was in the must, but personally, I think 6 weeks is a bit long especially with the warm weather.

It depends on a lot of different factors like the yeasts alcohol tolerance and how much sugar was in the must, but personally, I think 6 weeks is a bit long especially with the warm weather.
It will be ok thou will it even if it is sweet

I had a mead stop at SG 1.030 and refused to restart. It was drinkable if you don't mind sweet wine. What SG is the wine?

I've just made Elderflower wine and I wish I'd stopped it at about SG 1.010 because it's nicer sweet. It comes down to personal taste.

I had a mead stop at SG 1.030 and refused to restart. It was drinkable if you don't mind sweet wine. What SG is the wine?

I've just made Elderflower wine and I wish I'd stopped it at about SG 1.010 because it's nicer sweet. It comes down to personal taste.
The sg is 1.020

Non-fruit wines don't have all the vitamin, acids and minerals a fruit based wine has naturally in the fruit. This can cause non-fruit wines to be a bit sluggish in fermenting and can cause them to stick before they are fully fermented.

I use supplements in non-fruit wines that I don't use in fruit wine like WOWs. I found this mix on ebay that is similar to what I use called Tronozymol.

Non-fruit wines don't have all the vitamin, acids and minerals a fruit based wine has naturally in the fruit. This can cause non-fruit wines to be a bit sluggish in fermenting and can cause them to stick before they are fully fermented.

I use supplements in non-fruit wines that I don't use in fruit wine like WOWs. I found this mix on ebay that is similar to what I use called Tronozymol.
Thanks for the advise much apreaciated

Latest posts

Back