End Plugs for RO Filter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm getting fed up with the residual water in my RO filter draining out of the tubing as I'm trying to put it away etc. I understand that the membrane should be stored wet so I want to try to limit this but something always runs out as I coil up the tubes and then they invariably spring out again! Some end plugs for the 1/4 inch tubing should be a simple solution but a bit of searching online hasn't yielded much, plus I'm never quite sure if sizes are od or id... Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

What do others do? I guess not everyone packs theirs away but I don't have anywhere to permanently mount it.

Hi Chris,

I just use a bit of pvc tubing to hold the ends together at the moment but I’ve also ordered some “6mm end caps” (you should get results with that search term). If they are a good fit I’ll send you some. I should receive them Sunday.

E82E6C2D-6D96-4F86-BFBC-85D675163EF2.jpeg

Hi Chris,

I just use a bit of pvc tubing to hold the ends together at the moment but I’ve also ordered some “6mm end caps” (you should get results with that search term). If they are a good fit I’ll send you some. I should receive them Sunday.

View attachment 52551
That is a simple but ingenious idea, although of course there are 3 tubes and I find it's the red waste out tube that leaks the most 🤔 That's kind regards the caps, I will be interested to see what you find out...

Back