Equipment questions please :)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I’m sure you’ll all be pleased to hear I got a fantastic bargain of a fridge freezer on Facebook marketplace. It was only £20!

Just brought it home now so will let the oils settle overnight before I turn it on. So pleased with it!

Whoever suggested Facebook marketplace, thank you!

1015B755-3E92-4594-9A0E-CEF2CBEF169A.png

17D917D8-1C06-4EBF-9D96-B4E1762A67F9.png

Celebrating with a small glass of vino because why not?! 😝

Water dispenser in door taking up a lot of fridge real estate I think.

Although would be a good place to put wine in bags and dispense that through it. An interesting side project.

It looks a really good fridge freezer. Depending on what the other one's like, I'd be tempted to swap it for the kitchen fridge.

Just you. I like my beer carbed.

I would rip it would to make sure there is loads of room inside.

Ideally it would come out yes. Not sure how though because the bottom white bit is moulded in. Will it leave a hole in the front? (can you tell we're **** at DIY?)

It'll do for now anyhow because the Fermzilla fits on the bottom shelf if I take the bottle off the bottom. Don't need this on anyway once the spent yeast and hops have been taken out. Just needed a cold place to carb and chill the beer really. ☺

Do you think we could use the freezer for anything? I didn't think it was possible to use it separately (or together with the fridge for that matter) but worth asking.

Ideally it would come out yes. Not sure how though because the bottom white bit is moulded in. Will it leave a hole in the front? (can you tell we're **** at DIY?)

It'll do for now anyhow because the Fermzilla fits on the bottom shelf if I take the bottle off the bottom. Don't need this on anyway once the spent yeast and hops have been taken out. Just needed a cold place to carb and chill the beer really. ☺

Do you think we could use the freezer for anything? I didn't think it was possible to use it separately (or together with the fridge for that matter) but worth asking.
Did see the moulded part whilst looking on my phone. Can see it now on the pc. You could remove the seal and take out the whole panel and replace with a sheet of plastic, but that is only if you needed the space.

Freezer is a good place for storing hops. I have taken over the in house freezer for my hops, luckily we don't freeze much food.

Latest posts

Back