EU REFERENDUM In or out please tell why you have.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ146

Regular.
Reaction score
I'm out to stop Blair becoming The President of the USE
Save £360,000,000 a week going to unelected beurocrats.
The planned EU tax taken directly from wages on top of income tax etc.
and more

Me neither, it's all bo**ocks.
I'm voting to stay simply because I think unity is a good thing.
We've got to unite if we're ever going to get off the planet.

I deleted the duplicate thread

Hopefully this can be civil this time IIRC it descended into a slinging match last time..

Do any of us fully understand all the pro's and con's!.
I will vote to leave.We managed before we joined and i am sure we can do so again. For me personally,imigration is high on my agenda.I feel we must have a more secure border control system which we will not ever have as part of the EU.Not against any nationality being here,however not the so called economic migrants.I know our hospitals and doctors are really under pressure from the imigrants. I have a job getting a doctors appoitment under a 10 day wait. When i do go, the British patients are in a minority waiting to be seen.We do not know who is in the country at present with the free flow of bodies .
Also i am against all the Euro MP's collaring vast amounts of wages, expenses and jollies and having our country being told what we can and can't do by unknown bod's in their ivory towers.

Out for me I think government should be as small as possible the smaller the government the better the economy will run without all the red tape
We will all be told it's a close call but then the in will win their is no way the uk will be aloud to leave as it will fall apart after we drop out as the second biggest economy in the eu it's screwed without us

Never voted in my life. Not going to change now. The politicians are mere pawns in a larger game.

I believe it's a mere handful (maybe less) who actually run the world.

I think the voting is there just to let the sheeple think they're having a say.

If you value democracy which this country was built on and copied the world over( remember the magna carta?) Then out is the only option above all else or do you want to be run by an unelected dictatorship what we fought the WW11 over?

Do any of us fully understand all the pro's and con's!.

No and that is the scary thing, people are going to vote a certain way because of things they have picked up in the public slanging matches that have been on TV and in the papers, i am still on the fence and probably will not vote.

Hopefully this can be civil this time IIRC it descended into a slinging match last time..

It did and the thread was removed.

The question is "In or out please tell why you have" anyone getting on their soap box trying to tell other members they are wrong for voting a certain way will have their post deleted.

I'm an out, I absolutely believe in the European single market, but the political ever closer union thing doesn't make any sense to me (we have enough politicians already!), nor does continuing to let more and more countries join, we can all see the mess which Greece have got into.

I'm an out, I absolutely believe in the European single market, but the political ever closer union thing doesn't make any sense to me (we have enough politicians already!), nor does continuing to let more and more countries join, we can all see the mess which Greece have got into.

Not to mention Turkey.

One newspaper in Turkey carried the headline today '50 perverts killed in club'

Interesting comments and thanks for replying.

As said, dont disagree, argue or mock just say why you have chosen to vote stay or leave

I am choosing to stay based on economic security. Even Brexit economists admit that leaving will result in a slump in the short term British economy. I suffered in the previous recession...I do not want that to happen again, especially given that I'm in a delicate stage of my career.

There are parts of the EU which I don't like. The main part is that there is a European Parliament. For me, the EU should be a single market not a government which produces legislation which can override laws member by its member states.

I also agree that immigration should be controlled (not stopped) in this country. A net immigration in excess of 300,000 is going to put pressure on the NHS, schools and housing. However, the link between the EU and immigration is a bit of a red herring because about two thirds of those immigrants aren't EU nationals.

Then there's the issue with the membership fees. I agree that it's obscene but it's not as high as generally quoted...we do get a rebate and EU funding for projects in this country. Additionally, if we left the EU we would still need to pay a similar amount in order to trade with the member states, without having a say at the table. This is the same deal which Norway and Switzerland have.

Sorry for going on a bit but I've tried to get my point across without getting anybody's backs up.

I am on the fence I did lean towards remain for a long time but its now creaking the other way, in an ideal world the idea of unity and an EU appeals to me.. but the reality of what we have it does not seem great, it is not different to a dictatorship in its electoral ways and it seems corrupt to me... I get the argument remain and reform but will they reform? I cannot see it happening..

The arguments on both sides all seem like rubbish to me, they are so extreme on the spectrum you don't know who to believe, the one guy who really has disappointed me is Cameron, he looks desperate to me (probably to hang on to his EU pension) and has resorted to just about every scare tactic he possibly can.. he has been a large part of the reason I am swaying towards leave.. It is almost like he is holding us to ransom??

But now I remain on the fence.. I really don't know how to vote.. I sort of feel that both results are not great.. leave and risk your economy suffering , stay and sell your soul to the devil..

It's up to the side of the "New" regime to convince me it's worth taking the plunge, otherwise I'll stick with the status quo rather than seeing what's in the mystery box!

Neither side seems capable of giving a list of sensible, well researched and irrefutable facts regarding their side of the argument.

In the Scottish Independence Referendum I argued that if you were a business wanting to start up, you'd take a business plan to your investors which would be filled with estimates based on sensible assumptions. "Yes" couldn't give us one (the White Paper was a joke IMO and both sides were manipulating the same GERA figures to argue their point) so I voted to remain as part of the U.K.

It's starting to feel like that again, although I feel like Leave have even less of an argument. Firstly, a number of Brexiters have admitted the economy will suffer in the short term and as someone in his early 30s with a family to support I don't really want to have to battle with a struggling economy. I also don't trust the Tories as far as I can throw them and worry about what they'll do to us without the EU keeping them in check (especially as I'm a public sector worker).

Out all the way for me. Should have left years ago after the ERM fiasco. I'm also a bit sick of being told I won't get a pension/ I won't be able to afford to go on holiday/ my house price will plummet/ I'll lose my job/ the economy will crash/ etc etc etc.

Back