Euro 2020, who's watching?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stevie Wonder give those ratings?

Obviously you suffer the same plight as you missed the link in my post!

If you don't want to discuss points made in the thread don't troll it.

Last edited:
The Guardian, no player above 6.

England

Jordan Pickford (GK) The goalkeeper made a great save to deny O’Donnell. He often fumed at his defenders. 6

Reece James (RB)
Allowed Tierney to cross for O’Donnell’s chance. Fine clearance from Dykes’ header, which looked goal-bound. 6

John Stones (CB)
Blocked Adams’s shot and headed against a post. England needed his composure at the back. 6

Tyrone Mings (CB)
The centre-back did the simple things well, making interceptions and winning headers. A solid performance. 6

Mason Mount (CM)
Clipped wide and tested Marshall with a fierce drive. Desperately tried to seize the initiative. 6

Luke Shaw (LB)
Scotland exposed him twice and he provided little width on the left. Wasted one chance. 5

Declan Rice (CM)
Struggled to squeeze the space in front of England’s defence. McGinn was an elusive opponent. 5

Kalvin Phillips (CM)
Foolishly tangled with McGinn and failed to provide England with much imagination in the centre. 5

Phil Foden (RW)
Nothing came off for him. His habit of chopping inside compressed the play too much. 5

Raheem Sterling (LW)
The winger was erratic. His pace was a threat but his end product was lacking. 4

Harry Kane (CF)
Another abject display from the captain. Ponderous movement and dreadful passing before he was substituted. 3

England frustrated by steely Scotland in Euro 2020 stalemate at Wembley

Jordan Pickford7/10

Reece James – 7/10

Tyrone Mings – 7/10

Mason Mount – 7/10

John Stones –
6/10

Luke Shaw – 6/10

Kalvin Phillips – 6/10

Declan Rice – 6/10

Phil Foden – 5/10

Raheem Sterling – 5/10

Harry Kane – 4/10

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...draw-wembley-billy-gilmour-harry-kane-1061198
Surely those scores match my views, for the Czech game I'd leave out Foden, Stirling and Rice and bring in Grealish, Rashford and Sanco. But the main problem is we are so negative.

Obviously you suffer the same plight as you missed the link in my post!

If you don't want to discuss points made in the thread don't troll it.

Scotland played a good game, but England were dreadful. Really, really poor stuff. Sky Sports journo must've been on drugs.

Cracking set of fixtures ahead today in the group of death. I've seen nothing to suggest that France won't win this competition comfortably.

Their wing backs dominated ours. Really can't figure out why on earth he played James and Shaw. I do think that England were far too predictable. 2 holding midfielders and 3 very similar players behind Kane, and no real pace Sterling aside. What was that about? I'd have preferred to see Sancho and rashford pushing their wingbacks back, grealish in the 10 role, Rice as a sole holding midfielder, and a pretty flat back 4.

Scotland played a good game, but England were dreadful. Really, really poor stuff. Sky Sports journo must've been on drugs.

The three sets of figures above are fairly similar most of the players scored 6 or less i think that's fairly accurate for the dross i watched last night.

The three sets of figures above are fairly similar most of the players scored 6 or less i think that's fairly accurate for the dross i watched last night.

Anyone giving any of those England players a rating of 7 or above has been sniffing glue.

Their wing backs dominated ours. Really can't figure out why on earth he played James and Shaw. I do think that England were far too predictable. 2 holding midfielders and 3 very similar players behind Kane, and no real pace Sterling aside. What was that about? I'd have preferred to see Sancho and rashford pushing their wingbacks back, grealish in the 10 role, Rice as a sole holding midfielder, and a pretty flat back 4.

Thought it hurts to say Rashford should start the next game ;)

As bad as the English players were, Southgate deserves more criticism. I don't rate him as a manager. Last night he just stood there with hands in his pocket. He didn't use the bench to it's potential and didn't change tactics.

You can see he wanted his full backs to remain back so there was no overlap. James and Shaw have been great at getting forward all season. If you wanted defensive full backs he should have picked bissaka.

As bad as the English players were, Southgate deserves more criticism. I don't rate him as a manager. Last night he just stood there with hands in his pocket. He didn't use the bench to it's potential and didn't change tactics.

You can see he wanted his full backs to remain back so there was no overlap. James and Shaw have been great at getting forward all season. If you wanted defensive full backs he should have picked bissaka.
Yes he's terrible. Bad player, bad manager. Who thought the ex Middlesborough manager was a good idea to manage the country? Hopefully England get knocked out in the group stages and Southgate does the right thing and throws his hand in our we'll be stuck with his mediocrity for at least another 2 years.

Yes he's terrible. Bad player, bad manager. Who thought the ex Middlesborough manager was a good idea to manage the country? Hopefully England get knocked out in the group stages and Southgate does the right thing and throws his hand in our we'll be stuck with his mediocrity for at least another 2 years.

Not sure I agree that hes terrible, we could do better I'm sure but we did get to the semis in 2018. Probably should have gone further but....

I suspect the same people who thought allerdyce was the way forward.

Cracking result for Hungary. Especially when you consider their best player went off with a concussion in the first half.

Latest posts

Back