Euro 2020, who's watching?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure I agree that hes terrible, we could do better I'm sure but we did get to the semis in 2018. Probably should have gone further but....

I suspect the same people who thought allerdyce was the way forward.

Exactly. How many times will England managers be scapegoated before the fans realise it's the boys on the park that are just not all they are cracked up to be.

Not sure I agree that hes terrible, we could do better I'm sure but we did get to the semis in 2018. Probably should have gone further but....

I suspect the same people who thought allerdyce was the way forward.
2018 was a perfect opportunity but we fudged it. I think allerdyce is just an older Southgate. We've got a lot of talent coming through and it would be a shame to waste them on a negative manager. We need to get the best out of them and I don't think Southgate is the man to do it. The future looks bright we just need a manager to bring the best out of them.

It's very early to be turning on your team. Obviously I am not an England fan by any stretch 😜
They have 4 points from two game's that they haven't played well. It's hardly a disaster.

Exactly. How many times will England managers be scapegoated before the fans realise it's the boys on the park that are just not all they are cracked up to be.
Yes they play their part but at the end of the day it's the manager that makes the decisions. If it's not working change something.

It's very early to be turning on your team. Obviously I am not an England fan by any stretch 😜
They have 4 points from two game's that they haven't played well. It's hardly a disaster.

Its not a disaster yet but it may well be soon if they play like they did last night.

Some will be saying leave sterling on the bench for the next game how quick they forget -
Raheem Sterling gives England their first goal of the game, and their Euro 2020 campaign, after Kalvin Phillips sends a pass that splits the Croatian defence at Wembley.

Ha, I know 4 points is decent. I'm just not a fan of Southgate. Im looking to future and the younger lads coming through. I think we can do better.

Ha, I know 4 points is decent. I'm just not a fan of Southgate. Im looking to future and the younger lads coming through. I think we can do better.
Spot on. It's not that England aren't in a decent position with 4 points after 2 games it's that they looked clueless against a - frankly - very average Scotland. No cutting edge, little creativity. Croatia aren't the team they were and the first time we come up against a quality side we will become seriously unstuck. With the players available to him southgate really should be doing better

No longer the football expert but still have a glancing interest at times.
So my observations are that Kane is not fit and at this level you can not carry people, He was left standing and beaten to the ball several times by the Scottish Sweeper on a sprint, also he had a really great game in the previous match from Calvin Phillips and then decides to play him deep in front of the back four which killed his creativity.
As Oneflewover says Southgate should really be doing much better with players that are paid the kind of money they are

I'd agree that somethings up with Kane, miles off the pace, but i've never been convinced with him up front for England, not his fault but the teams not set up like Spurs, he doesn't get the service.

Just my 5 pence:

I thought England were abysmal on Friday. They lack creativity, cannot break down the opposition and have a centre forward who doesn't know what the goal looks like unless he is playing with his mate, Son. 3 chances on target created by the team in the last 2 matches says it all.

England were lucky to get a draw but Scotland didn't do anything to deserve a win.

I was arguing on Twitter (I know, I know) with 2 Scots. I said no one came out of that game with an enhanced reputation. They believe every Scottish player was brilliant and Billy Gilmour is God's gift to football. :confused.:

Yeah, I wish Scotland well too. And Wales. Although, are they coming up against everyone's favourites Denmark?

And no, Kane shouldn't start. They could start Rashford, or, if they want a more 'traditional No 9', we have options there too.

Latest posts

Back