Euro 2020, who's watching?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it’s disgraceful that our Queen isn’t presenting the Euro trophy to tomorrow’s winners. She presented the World Cup in 1966 and should be doing the same tomorrow.

The couple who looked after Raheem Sterling when he joined Liverpool have said they are "proud" of the England star ahead of the Euro 2020 final.
The Three Lions forward lived with Peter and Sandra Reeves for three years after moving from his London home to join the club's academy when he was 15.
Mr Reeves said: "I think he was quite glad of the peace and quiet and being able to get on with what he had to do."
Sterling has scored three goals for England during Euro 2020.
Mrs Reeves believes Liverpool were "very lucky" to sign him in 2010.
In an article published before the 2018 World Cup, Sterling recalled the couple "really treated me like their own grandson".
He said: "Every morning, I'd come down, and they'd have a bacon butty waiting for me."
"It was unbelievable. Beautiful garden out back. All these flowers, trees. It was like a different world."
Mr Reeves said: "When he came, he was very quiet, he was only a 15-year-old lad."

1625943303474.png

The couple hosted Sterling with another Liverpool trainee and said the boys made good friends and walked to the local school together before being taken to the club's academy in the afternoons.
The long days paid off when Sterling made his Liverpool debut against Wigan as a 17-year-old in 2012.
"Raheem's always been focused but when he came, he had a plan, he knew where he was going. The club knew he was brilliant and they were desperate to get him," Mrs Reeves said.
Sterling left Liverpool for Manchester City in a club-record transfer in 2015 and will hope to star again for England in their first European Championship final on Sunday evening.
The couple still remain in touch with the forward, who was awarded an MBE for his services to racial equality in sport before the tournament, and exchanged text messages as he travelled to the Wembley semi-final on Wednesday.
Mrs Reeves said: "He is such a level-headed lad and we're so pleased he got the MBE.
"He's got an absolutely lovely family so everybody should be really proud because he tries to do his best."

1625943355760.png

The couple who looked after Raheem Sterling when he joined Liverpool have said they are "proud" of the England star ahead of the Euro 2020 final.
The Three Lions forward lived with Peter and Sandra Reeves for three years after moving from his London home to join the club's academy when he was 15.
Mr Reeves said: "I think he was quite glad of the peace and quiet and being able to get on with what he had to do."
Sterling has scored three goals for England during Euro 2020.
Mrs Reeves believes Liverpool were "very lucky" to sign him in 2010.
In an article published before the 2018 World Cup, Sterling recalled the couple "really treated me like their own grandson".
He said: "Every morning, I'd come down, and they'd have a bacon butty waiting for me."
"It was unbelievable. Beautiful garden out back. All these flowers, trees. It was like a different world."
Mr Reeves said: "When he came, he was very quiet, he was only a 15-year-old lad."

View attachment 50656

The couple hosted Sterling with another Liverpool trainee and said the boys made good friends and walked to the local school together before being taken to the club's academy in the afternoons.
The long days paid off when Sterling made his Liverpool debut against Wigan as a 17-year-old in 2012.
"Raheem's always been focused but when he came, he had a plan, he knew where he was going. The club knew he was brilliant and they were desperate to get him," Mrs Reeves said.
Sterling left Liverpool for Manchester City in a club-record transfer in 2015 and will hope to star again for England in their first European Championship final on Sunday evening.
The couple still remain in touch with the forward, who was awarded an MBE for his services to racial equality in sport before the tournament, and exchanged text messages as he travelled to the Wembley semi-final on Wednesday.
Mrs Reeves said: "He is such a level-headed lad and we're so pleased he got the MBE.
"He's got an absolutely lovely family so everybody should be really proud because he tries to do his best."

View attachment 50657
Great story

I think it’s disgraceful that our Queen isn’t presenting the Euro trophy to tomorrow’s winners. She presented the World Cup in 1966 and should be doing the same tomorrow.

She is 95 has lost her husband and probably doesn't even like football, i doubt many will be gutted she isn't handing the cup to whoever wins.

Well she may hate football but she has sent Gareth and the team a nice message and i will be stood singing the national anthem before kick off with a beer in my hand. ;)

"Fifty-five years ago I was fortunate to present the World Cup to Bobby Moore and saw what it meant to the players, management and support staff to reach and win the final of a major international football tournament.

"I want to send my congratulations and that of my family to you all on reaching the final of the European Championships, and send my good wishes for tomorrow with the hope that history will record not only your success but also the spirit, commitment and pride with which you have conducted yourselves."

Speaking at a news conference on Saturday evening, Southgate said: "It has been fantastic to have the letter from the Queen and the Prime Minister to all of the team - and the recognition the players have gone about this in the right way.

"But we're in a final and we're here to win. Now we want to go and bring the trophy home."

Last edited:
I wouldn't say England have been anywhere near the most defensive team.
That's what a footy fan in my team at work said. Other than the Denmark game, I had not watched a ball kicked since Hernandez retired and the game turned into falling over convincingly.

Well mainly I can't remember a time when I was a kid when Wales made a tournament. We were always supporting England as a kid. I especially remember World Cup 1998.

I’m watching the game tonight in a Scottish pub with 2 Italians (well, part Italians). If we don’t win it’s going to be torture, but if we do it’ll be amazing!

Nicola Sturgeon has written to the head of UEFA demanding that Scotland should be joint winners if England win tonight. This is based on them holding England to a draw. They believe a precedent was set in 1967 when Scotland declared themselves World Cup champions after beating England 3-2.

Last edited:
I’m watching the game tonight in a Scottish pub with 2 Italians (well, part Italians). If we don’t win it’s going to be torture, but if we do it’ll be amazing!
Stay strong brother 💪, stiff upper lip and all that, even if England are 4 goals down.

(Said from a Geordie to a Mackem) :hat:

Is Wat Tyler presenting the trophy?
Or maybe a descendant of Oliver Cromwell? :laugh8:

Ahh that would be great if we won, I remember being in the Walkabout in Shepherds Bush when we won the rugby in 2003, 3 of us vs about 1000 of them. :laugh8:

Ohh apparently staring tripper instead off saka, could be defensive from England

Latest posts

Back