Euro 2020, who's watching?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently, according to the rules of the game, the Danish goal shouldn’t have stood anyway so let’s call it quits eh.

Denmark formed their own wall and they slid over to England's defensive wall, blocking Jordan Pickford's view of Damsgaard's shot.
However, FIFA rules state: "Where three or more defending team players form a 'wall,' all attacking team players must remain at least 1 metre (1 yard) from the 'wall' until the ball is in play."

View attachment 50449
They are 1m from the wall

Looking at the picture on the right if you think that gap is 3ft 3inch you need to go to Specsavers!

44d57ce2-510a-4749-871d-c1f9fd39b14a-jpeg.50449

I would imagine the rule was put in place to stop the opposing side from blocking the keepers view so picture one would be fine picture two is not this is just my view if the rule States you can stand where you want why wouldn't they stand directly in front to block the walls view of when the ball is kicked

I would imagine the rule was put in place to stop the opposing side from blocking the keepers view so picture one would be fine picture two is not this is just my view if the rule States you can stand where you want why wouldn't they stand directly in front to block the walls view of when the ball is kicked
Because it would be like having a defensive wall 9 yards away, making the shot more difficult.

The taker knows exactly where he is going to try to put it I don't see how having a wall in front of the wall would make it more difficult

The taker knows exactly where he is going to try to put it I don't see how having a wall in front of the wall would make it more difficult

He would have to get the ball up quicker to get it over a closer wall (albeit that wall wouldn't be jumping) and then get a great deal on it for the ball to come down again below the crossbar and on target

Well we will never know who is right and it doesn't matter we are in the final on Sunday and that's all that matters I really don't give a rats **** how we got there.

If we lose it will still have been a brilliant effort from team and i take back what I said earlier about Southgate earlier in the thread he has played a blinder

Last edited:
That's the spirit. Fair play is overrated.

I'll be curious to see how people react if Immobile wins Italy the Championship with one of his stylistic tumbles.

It is as if England have invented the diving and antic of football the other day given the outrage. Literally every team does it in every game.. It is integral to the sport.

Do I like it? I actually hate it but i think we are far better behaved than a lot of other teams. Every team beenfits from this and every team gets doen over swings and round abouts.

Who would you pck in midfield for the final? Rice and Phillips will start for sure, grealish must be banging on the door and foden looks sharp, but then again saka and mount have played well...

Watch this from 12 seconds the defenders knee hits Sterlings it may be a soft penalty but their number 5 was no where near the ball and was never going to get it, i am not surprised VAR never overruled it.

I agree, he'd strongly fought the earlier challenge and was clearly and cynically stopped by the second challenge. Clear penalty, he was, and couldn't be, anywhere near the ball...

Who would you pck in midfield for the final? Rice and Phillips will start for sure, grealish must be banging on the door and foden looks sharp, but then again saka and mount have played well...
Grealish must get a start, surely??

It is as if England have invented the diving and antic of football the other day given the outrage. Literally every team does it in every game.. It is integral to the sport.

Do I like it? I actually hate it but i think we are far better behaved than a lot of other teams. Every team beenfits from this and every team gets doen over swings and round abouts.

Spot on rich i am no fan of cheating but as you say they all do it, i said earlier in the thread they now have the technology to stamp it out but cannot be bothered.

Funny how all the haters are not English i wonder if they would have had the same view had it been one of their players that got them top the final.

Grealish must get a start, surely??

I am biased and would love to see Foden start but a i hope he doesn't change it too much and have a feeling he wont.

Latest posts

Back