Euro 2020, who's watching?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who would you pck in midfield for the final? Rice and Phillips will start for sure, grealish must be banging on the door and foden looks sharp, but then again saka and mount have played well...
I'd play Sancho over Saka, and Foden over Mount, but otherwise the same team as the semi. I don't think that Grealish is quite match fit, and isn't really what Southgate is looking for in an attacking midfielder. I reckon he's regarded as a useful player to bring on and change a game

Football is not really my sport - more of a cricket, rugby, tiddlywinks sort, BUT... it is the final of a major competition, it is the national team if you consider yourself English (which I do) so, although I may not actually watch the game I will check in from time to time and I wish them good luck. I do have one request though. If you live in a certain part of the UK (a Principality to be exact), please don't get so drunk you get arrested as I am on morning shift at 0700 Monday and I'll be interviewing/charging/bailing/remanding as appropriate and I sometimes leave my sense of humour at home!!!!

PS. I am told by a colleague who knows about these things that this team will mature like a particularly good Russian Imperial Stout and should peak in three or four years!

I guess that'll be because your team are **** at it. :laugh8:
Nah, too many unpleasant memories of my uncle roaring at the tv whenever Man U lost. Also a former flat mate made everyones life a misery whenever Arseneal lost.
More of a rugby, darts, Gaelic football (An Mhi abu) & Darts.

As for who I'm supporting this Sunday, Italy of course.

Nah, too many unpleasant memories of my uncle roaring at the tv whenever Man U lost. Also a former flat mate made everyones life a misery whenever Arseneal lost.
More of a rugby, darts, Gaelic football (An Mhi abu) & Darts.

As for who I'm supporting this Sunday, Italy of course.
You seem like a really sound, thoughtful fella Brian, and more often than not I find myself agreeing with your comments and opinions. But I don't get this. I'd always want Ireland, NI, Scotland or Wales to do well if they were playing anyone other than England

Its a mad one all right.
In fairness my ma is supporting England and I really enjoyed the English performance against Denmark.

I reckon it's just a bit of banter with our nearest neighbour.
That or enjoying seeing our former colonizers getting beat.

Anyway if England win on Sunday , fair play to ye all. But I will be shouting for Italy (while me ma shouts for England)

Its a mad one all right.
In fairness my ma is supporting England and I really enjoyed the English performance against Denmark.

I reckon it's just a bit of banter with our nearest neighbour.
That or enjoying seeing our former colonizers getting beat.

Anyway if England win on Sunday , fair play to ye all. But I will be shouting for Italy (while me ma shouts for England)
Did I ever tell you my Da is 1/3 Italian. 😉

You seem like a really sound, thoughtful fella Brian, and more often than not I find myself agreeing with your comments and opinions. But I don't get this. I'd always want Ireland, NI, Scotland or Wales to do well if they were playing anyone other than England

We don't even get any points from Ireland in Eurovision anymore. 😢😁

Who would you pck in midfield for the final? Rice and Phillips will start for sure, grealish must be banging on the door and foden looks sharp, but then again saka and mount have played well...
I’d like to see Henderson in midfield. Phillips grew into the game on Wednesday but during the first half he was poor - another start like that tomorrow and I can see Italy taking advantage.

Italy play a 4-3-3 so I reckon the same 3 will start against Italy. I’d bring Sancho/Foden in for Saka though, despite the assist he’s just a big team Duncan Watmore.

I’d like to see Henderson in midfield. Phillips grew into the game on Wednesday but during the first half he was poor - another start like that tomorrow and I can see Italy taking advantage.

Italy play a 4-3-3 so I reckon the same 3 will start against Italy. I’d bring Sancho/Foden in for Saka though, despite the assist he’s just a big team Duncan Watmore.

I like Phillips but I might be a bit biased being from Leeds... I do rate Henderson though

Think I would stick with saka as I have feeling with Italys pace we will need to track back quickly

It will interesting who Gareth picks. With the aging Italian defenders saka or Sancho could leave them standing but to win the midfield battle Foden maybe. Or if we go with pace out wide Kane can drop back to good effect.

I cant see Grealish starting.

I think he will stick with mount too as he rates him so much. Henderson in for one of the holding players Maybe?

Italy will have seen the problems both Scotland and Denmark in that first half gave us so maybe even a change of shape?

in Gareth we now trust

The Football Association has been fined 30,000 euros (£26,600) for three incidents during England's Euro 2020 semi-final win over Denmark, including a laser pointer being shone at Kasper Schmeichel's face.

Television pictures showed a green light on Danish keeper Schmeichel's face just before Harry Kane took an extra-time penalty.
The fine by Uefa was also for "disturbances during the national anthems" and fireworks being set off.

England won the game 2-1 at Wembley.

Prior to kick-off there was some booing heard during the Danish national anthem.

In terms of the laser pointer incident, Schmeichel saved Kane's spot-kick but the England striker scored the rebound for the winner as Gareth Southgate's side secured a place in Sunday's final against Italy.

The FA and Uefa officials searched for the source of the laser pointer when they were first made aware of it being used during the first half of extra time.

However, they were unable to find those responsible.

Following the game the Danish FA representatives were asked if they wanted to make an official complaint, but said they did not wish to take the matter any further.

BBC Sport

Since the final is going to played between the two most defensive sides in the tournament, we all know it is going to be 0-0 at the kick-off, 0-0 at half time, then 0-0 at full time, extra time 1, extra time 2, and after all this running around, angst and wasted emotional energy, still no goals.

So, why not just cut straight to the chase and have the penalties at 8pm Sunday? Everyone wins! No wasting 2-2.5hrs of utterly frustrating tedium, for circa 200m people, and we all get to go to bed at a normal time and get up next morning to get on with life?

Since the final is going to played between the two most defensive sides in the tournament, we all know it is going to be 0-0 at the kick-off, 0-0 at half time, then 0-0 at full time, extra time 1, extra time 2, and after all this running around, angst and wasted emotional energy, still no goals.

I wouldn't say England have been anywhere near the most defensive team.

So, why not just cut straight to the chase and have the penalties at 8pm Sunday? Everyone wins! No wasting 2-2.5hrs of utterly frustrating tedium, for circa 200m people, and we all get to go to bed at a normal time and get up next morning to get on with life?
No way that would mess with my drinking schedule to much

Latest posts

Back