Evri.....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Evri parcel (wifes Christmas present) one morning went from 'We're expecting it' to 'We've got it' then five actual minutes later (literally), the doorbell went and the bloke was there with it. What I find horrific about that is that consignment went through two further status' on their system seemingly without being detected. I work in the logistics industry and that just shouldn't happen. In addition, the retailers system showed it go from ordered - awaiting collection by courier - it was collected by xxxx at xxxx, but it then sat on Evris system as 'We're expecting it' for 5 days.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if in fact it was travelling through their network at this point, but again, this shouldn't be possible in a well designed system without being detected, so it doesn't surprise me that they loose stuff.

Over the last week or so I've gone from being fine about them to never using them again.

I've used them quite a few times to send stuff I've sold on eBay and it's always got to where it needs to go. I've also never had a problem with them delivering parcels to my home, the local guy is actually quite friendly and seems like he takes some pride in his work.

However, sold a pair of trainers on eBay bit before Christmas, packaged them up, dropped them at the local parcel shop and thought nothing more of it. Until late December when my buyer contacts me to say he hasn't got his goods but Evri tracking shows it has been delivered. Thing is it got held up quite badly according to the tracking report, weather issues being mentioned as part of the problem, though was supposedly finally delivered. I can't get any evidence out of Evri to confirm it has though despite paying extra for proof as they were £75. I'm going through the process of trying to make a claim now. In the meantime my buyer got stroppy and tried to get a refund off me through eBay, unfortunately for him as far as they're concerned I've fulfilled my side of the deal as the package has been delivered so they refused his refund request. I really feel sorry for him but I won't refund him until I've got my money back in case he is trying to scam me. Mind you his attitude didn't help much, I simply asked for him to sign a form to deny that is was delivered when he was pursuing a refund through eBay and I simple got the response "Talk to eBay". Funnily enough after they refused his refund I got the signed form a few hours after. I do really want to get his money back but being a dick about it doesn't help.

So will use DPD or similar in future for any eBay sales. If I'm buying from a company I really don't care who they use as the buck stops with them, they have to refund me if I don't get my order. I also always use a credit card so have the consumer credit act on my side if needs be.

Had a parcel showing as 'delayed' on the tracker for almost a week, no idea what to make of it but it sounds like they have a backlog at the moment. I'm beginning to wonder if it's now in the universe of lost parcels

Had a parcel showing as 'delayed' on the tracker for almost a week, no idea what to make of it but it sounds like they have a backlog at the moment. I'm beginning to wonder if it's now in the universe of lost parcels
There are still two parcels of mine that were sent at the end of November that haven't arrived at their destination. Both show as 'delayed' and I fully expect they will never be seen again. Won't be using them again as whilst I can forgive slow service in busy periods, I can't justify parcels going missing altogether.

I got a refund from the retailer and when I was speaking to him said "at the moment there are just areas where packages aren't getting delivered with Evri. Outside of these, everything is fine".

They are often advertising for drivers on Indeed here either they cannot get them or cannot keep them.

Well my first experience with "Evri" has been good. Ordered some fishing stuff online from Go Outdoors on Thursday night,it was delivered today just after 1,lots of tracking info and inside the quoted delivery times.
However I'm not impressed with Go Outdoors...one item is a returned faulty product no packaging and obvious signs of wear. I'm now at Go Outdoors to change the item as returning via post will be a complete pita!
No good when I have nights tonight but I've other things to do on my days off so no option. I'll see if a bit of shouting can blag me anything...

We had a Wayfair order last week that Evri collected and delivered in under 24hrs.

I've shipped a few guitars with them in the past, with no issues. At the time they were the only option for a box longer than 1m that wasn't c£25-30. Even with taking out insurance elsewhere, to be on the safe side, they were half the price.

I know we've all slagged off Evri, but they do actually want to deliver your parcels, as they're paid by parcel. If they don't deliver, they don't get paid.

Whereas the larger courier companies who get paid by the hour don't give a stuff, and if they can't find your address within ten seconds they give up, and you get a 'you weren't home' email.

I played holy hell up last time this happened to me and made them come back.

And yes I've worked for Evri 3 times, so I've seen both sides.

Only just noticed this thread and as I write I'm fuming over an Amazon parcel which was guaranteed Saturday delivery by Dpd. Apparently delivery was attempted Saturday and Sunday but there was nobody in which I found strange as both me and my wife were in all weekend. When I contacted dpd on Monday they said I had rescheduled delivery for Tuesday which was news to me.
Evri on the other hand always deliver on time and it's usually around 6-7pm and the driver says he's got a few more drops to do. Dpd service has taken a big nosedive in the last couple of years and I have had several experiences like this.
I wait with bated breath......

So today my neighbour got fed up waiting for her Evri parcel that had been sitting at the depot for well over a week and she went and got her package from the depot, even though Evri say you can't go and pick it up. Apparently they've been holding onto the village's parcels until they can be arsed actually coming out this way. We had one too we were waiting on, stuck in depot for 5 days now too. So the neighbour asked for the village's parcels so she could deliver them. And Evri just handed them over, no questions asked. She's a good neighbour, so we got our parcel fine. But she could have easily taken all the parcels and made out like a bandit.

So I've been trying to get a refund for postage fees on some beers I sent via Evri back in November that were never delivered.

I've managed to get a refund on two of the three parcels but for the third they have closed my ticket without providing a refund and have now reset all my orders as 'ready' so I can't raise a new ticket.

Essentially, they've stolen several bottles of beer and charged me for the pleasure. Won't ever be using them again.

Last edited:
The other week i caught one in the act, we ordered a dog basket for use in the car, he turned up dumped the parcel on the step took a pic of it and the door then, he picked it up and walked off round the side of house the and threw it over the gates into the back street o he never knocked, when he came back i was leaning on the drivers door i asked him what the feck he was doing he said delivering a parcel for number -- i asked him why he hadn't knocked he said i did so i called him a lying t--t and told him to f--k off, evri was told and they are now done with us, the sad thing is a lot off small companys are losing people because of this cowboy outfit

Latest posts

Back