Favourite Beer Styles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ale

Reaction score
After a little spell of a few months where I was considering giving up home brewing after doing it for a few years, I have just done another kit and started coming back on here. I may also get around to the Holy Grail of going from kits to AG, or at least trying it. I think thats why I stopped, I was going to do an AG but never really had a day with enough time where I felt like it.

But to the point in question, there are a lot of posts on here where people say they have a particular style that they like, but I find that I just like beer. Lager and Blonde are at the bottom of the list although I dont mind one in the summer if nothing else is available, but other than that anything goes. My new kit is a Muntons Conkerwood Black Ale as I dont recall having a black ale before, but no doubt have in a pub a few times. I also like Pale, Golden, Amber, Brown, Stout, Porter, etc.

I'll never brew a lager or similar type of beer but really dont have a favourite from the others, on its day and dependent on the beer any can hit the mark.

What are your favourites and what characteristics do you like about them? That includes commercial and home brew beers.

After a little spell of a few months where I was considering giving up home brewing after doing it for a few years, I have just done another kit and started coming back on here. I may also get around to the Holy Grail of going from kits to AG, or at least trying it. I think thats why I stopped, I was going to do an AG but never really had a day with enough time where I felt like it.

But to the point in question, there are a lot of posts on here where people say they have a particular style that they like, but I find that I just like beer. Lager and Blonde are at the bottom of the list although I dont mind one in the summer if nothing else is available, but other than that anything goes. My new kit is a Muntons Conkerwood Black Ale as I dont recall having a black ale before, but no doubt have in a pub a few times. I also like Pale, Golden, Amber, Brown, Stout, Porter, etc.

I'll never brew a lager or similar type of beer but really dont have a favourite from the others, on its day and dependent on the beer any can hit the mark.

What are your favourites and what characteristics do you like about them? That includes commercial and home brew beers.

I love weiss beer, and strong Belgian beers , also iiipas aipas and ris oh and sours. I love the richness, tartnessetc etc...

lager and cider i'm not fussed on

weiss beer is particularly easy to do as an extract brew 3kg dwe mangrove jacks baravian yeast and 50g tettnang boiled for 15 mins with the dwe. you only need to boil abouit 6 litres. top up the rest in the fermenter with chilled bottled water to 21 litres

Stouts, bitters and pale ales. Can't make lager to save my life and don't know why I ever tried at all since it's at the bottom of my preferences, these days anyway.

I'm really enjoying my saison at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

California Common (steam beer) - I like the story behind it and the fact it has its roots in early American brewing, I like the maltiness and I like the unusual lasting bitterness it has.

Hi everyone:)
What's my favorite beer? Even I can't answer. I'm a lover of different kinds and tastes of beer. Love to try new unknown beer.
Last week I find this page http://www.ranking-piw.byscrap.com/ and I am very excited. So many beers to try and there are many opinion from other people who tried.

I love a good blokey beer and you canot go wrong with a good solid clean lager like carling or fosters. (although If I am after something more bitter I tend to go for John smiths)

Mind you them belgians make great beer Stella is lovely

I hear Americans make great beer so I got some Coors and Buds in to try.

Occasioanlly I will dip into the dark side which I cannot reccommend enough Newkie Brown ale.

I hear Americans make great beer so I got some Coors and Buds in to try.

Funnily enough, I was at a night out a couple of weeks back and a friend of mine was telling me he's been "importing American beer" via Germany because he can't get it here. I asked him what ones, expecting him to list some microbrews. His response was "Bud Light, Miller's Milwaukee Lager and Michelob Ultra".

Back