February 2023 competition - Dark beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoping my Dunkelweizen didn't kill you @brewhaha ? 😁

About as subtle as a sledgehammer going through a plate glass window.... :D
Sorry everyone, I have actually been laid low with a stomach bug this week (not @pilgrimhudd Dunkelweizen related) & today is the 1st day I've felt human again.

I'll get results & feedback posted out over the weekend.

Apologies again for the delay.

Right, after my illness last week & then realising I'd left all my tasting notes at work to scan them in, it's finally time for results!

Top 3 is as follows:
1. @Hazelwood Brewery - Porter
2. @Caramel Ox - Wildcat
3. @Nottsbeer - Herfstbock

A really great selection of 11 beers sent in with plenty of styles represented. Thank you to all the brewers & I will start sending out feedback by PM now.

A note on feedback - we used a BJCP sheet to record notes on & then went back & scored the selection we thought were competing for the win so not all beers were scored but all were given feedback. Beers were judged against their style that was listed & not each other.

We're no BJCP judges so I hope your feedback is useful & feel free to message back for clarification or handwriting interpretation!

@Hazelwood Brewery - if you can PM your address I will get your prize beers in the post on Wednesday or Thursday this week.

Right, after my illness last week & then realising I'd left all my tasting notes at work to scan them in, it's finally time for results!

Top 3 is as follows:
2. @Caramel Ox - Wildcat

A really great selection of 11 beers sent in with plenty of styles represented. Thank you to all the brewers & I will start sending out feedback by PM now.

A note on feedback - we used a BJCP sheet to record notes on & then went back & scored the selection we thought were competing for the win so not all beers were scored but all were given feedback. Beers were judged against their style that was listed & not each other.

We're no BJCP judges so I hope your feedback is useful & feel free to message back for clarification or handwriting interpretation!

@Hazelwood Brewery - if you can PM your address I will get your prize beers in the post on Wednesday or Thursday this week.
Congratulations @Hazelwood Brewery and @Caramel Ox. Am over the moon with my 3rd place 🎉. Thx for judging @brewhaha 👍

Top 3 is as follows:
2. @Caramel Ox - Wildcat

Thanks very much, that’s a nice result to come home to. 😀

Great job @Caramel Ox and @Nottsbeer 👏👏

Latest posts

Back