April 2023 Competition - Lager etc.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alastair70

In need of constant supervision
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evening all, this months competition is lager/kolsch/pseudo lager to include European and American styles.

Judging will take place 4th-6th May depending on how many entries there are, beers should arrive before end of April so they have time to settle before tasting.

This months prize will likely be a lager from one of my local craft breweries and a lager brewed by me. So plenty to play for😀.
PM me for an address if you have an entry in the pipeline.

Good luck everyone!

Still trying to give away that kiwi pils? 😉

I will have something for you, I have to brew an international lager for homebrew club so probably that. 👍
😂 I’ll be offering up a bottle of the Achilles Helles that’s bubbling away in my garage at the minute. I’m hoping my son will polish off the kiwi pils now he’s home from uni for a couple of weeks.

I've just tapped the keg of my double decoction Czech Pils so I'll definitely be sending a bottle of that, though I'll probably give it another week or two to condition a little more before posting it.

I've also got a single bottle left of my single infusion Czech Pils - if I can refrain from drinking it I'll send that too.

I think mine will be late and unlabeled... No change there really. It doesn't need to settle so you never know it might be in time...

If not don't worry about it. Enjoy the beer (hopefully)

I didn't manage to post any beers .they weren't fully conditioned so I will send you a couple of samples when they are ready.

The results are in.
First off, a big thanks to everyone who entered, the standard was excellent across all entries and 4 beers topped 40 points or more.
I had the added pleasure of judging with No.2 Son who is home for the weekend.

In joint second place with 42 points.

@pilgrimhudd - Kiwi Pils. A celebration of NZ hops in a crisp, dry thirst quenching beer.

and

@matt76 - Czech Pilsner (Double Decoction). Complex malts balanced with a big hit of noble hops on the nose and on the palate.

Latest posts

Back