Fermentors.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bizarre, done quite a few brews in it and no issues as yet. Even Kveik, when opening, its like a hot bath 🤣

As a test, if you place the seal on the main body, clip down the lid, does it retain the seal after reopening.

Do you have any homebrew lube/Vas, might also be worth running around the seal as another test

We can't put the seal on the main body as there's nowhere for it to go. It just slides straight off. I guess our only choice is to try to stick it to the lid with vaseline. The worry there is though, when we remove the lid, the seal will drop in the beer with vaseline on it. It's already dropped in the beer once but luckily it was sanitary at that point.

At the moment we've got the lid clipped down without the seal on, as there's fresh beer in it that's been brewed today.

The seal looks like it's way too big for the hole.

Last edited:
We've managed to make it stay in the hole by pressing it firmly. But now we have extra seal. I could literally pull my hair out with frustration.

20230115_182907.jpg

Hopefully. We're not impressed with the racking arm either. It leaks - unless you tighten it fully up but then it won't turn, so useless.

At the moment I would not recommend anyone buying one of these.

Last edited:
Yes, I wonder if they have shipped the wrong seal.
I'm now wondering if they've sent a second-hand unit to me. as I've noticed the underside of the lid is quite scratched. You can see it on the left of the picture. Perhaps a customer returned it without the seal so they 'replaced' it. Whatever has happened, I'm not happy after spending ÂŁ155 on it and they'd better fix it fast. :mad:

I'm now wondering if they've sent a second-hand unit to me. as I've noticed the underside of the lid is quite scratched. You can see it on the left of the picture. Perhaps a customer returned it without the seal so they 'replaced' it. Whatever has happened, I'm not happy after spending ÂŁ155 on it and they'd better fix it fast. :mad:
Yikes!

Bizarre, done quite a few brews in it and no issues as yet. Even Kveik, when opening, its like a hot bath 🤣

As a test, if you place the seal on the main body, clip down the lid, does it retain the seal after reopening.

Do you have any homebrew lube/Vas, might also be worth running around the seal as another test
I have a Brewbuilder 150l SS Conical with the same problem when I bought a new sealing ring.
I found It 'clicked' in when I liberally applied a 'certain' brand of scent/flavour free lubricant,,,,,,, ashock1:laugh8:
(other food grade lubricants are available)
I used a stiff silicon spatula to apply pressure
Should I be listing this in the ingredients?;)

Hope you get this sorted!
Other than this my SS conicals have replaced my old Speidel 30L cider fermenters. Worth every penny athumb..

Last edited:
If its a return that has been sent back out with faults, that's very poor.

Should have a snug fit seal, the racking arm should not leak unless it has been overly tightened, just needs hand tightening. I would get rid of the internal rack tube, pointless as the tap sits above the trub.

I might have just been lucky

Agreed. We did do it hand tight and couldn't stop the leak unless we did the nut tight up, but that renders the racking arm useless.

Wish I'd never set eyes on the damn thing to be honest Al.

No reply from the shop yet. Not going to name names but people will probably know where I got it.

Back