Festival summer glory 1st time

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Libigage

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hello from a Newbie
I have a few questions about my 1st brew. I am brewing festival summer glory but after reading some other threads I'm not sure if I may have messed up. Instructions did say add yeast below 25 degrees, mine was 25.6, surely I'll get away with this one? Instructions also say add elderflower hop pellets after 5 days then leave for another 5 days. Then if the gravity is stable for 48 hours bottle it. Everyone seems to ferment their brews for at least 2 weeks. Should I wait 7 days to add the pellets, then another 7 to bottle or go with the instructions. Lastly I haven't got a bottling bucket. Should I get one or bottle straight from the fermenter. Your advice would be greatly appreciated

Hello from another newbie,

I'm doing the same beer as you.

This is only my second batch so this could be the blind leading the blind. Best wait for a more experienced forumite to reply, but here's my tuppence worth.

For the higher temp pitching, I expect you may get a slightly different taste but will certainly be drinkable. I *think*

I plan to let it ferment for 14 days in total. I will add my hops after 9 (giving them 5 days). It's a tricky one because the ferment has only finished when it has finished. So 14 days might not be enough leaving my hops in for longer. For this beer, once gravity is down to 1.009 and stable for 2 days in a row then it will be good to bottle.

I'm going to get another FV to mix in my priming sugar and bottle from that.

Good luck with it.

Thanks Wilky, I only set the temp to 23 because the instructions said between 20 to 25 so I put it in the middle, might as well throw the instructions away

Back