First for about a year [woodfordes wherry]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordy

Reaction score
I had too much made last year and am just getting to the last of it, well enough to see me to my First go of the year and this is Woodfordes Wherry never tried it before , and hope i remember to do everything for what should be a nice drop.

I had too much made last year and am just getting to the last of it, well enough to see me to my First go of the year and this is Woodfordes Wherry never tried it before , and hope i remember to do everything for what should be a nice drop.

You won't be disappointed gordy, but consider getting some more yeast, Wilco's do a good one for ale.

What Marlon said.
I have a pint of Wherry beside me right now, been in the bottle for about eight weeks, slightly chilled, and it's really really good!

dont know how i missed your message until today but thanks for the reply,i have never ventured outside the yeast from the kit missed it this time and if the kit goes on sale in Wilkos again i will try the other yeast ,thanks for the tip.

The problem with the Wherry yeast is not the type just the quantity, there's not enough of it for a 23L brew which can lead to a stuck brew. Try to keep the temp up, if you end up with a gravity of 1020 then you'll know what has happened.

The Wherry was my first brew and I used the yeast supplied, it fermented ok
It seemed quite bitter to me, But then I was a complete newbie

I've brewed three Wherry kits and the first two (brewed with the kit yeast) both stuck at 1020. For the third I used a packet of Wilko Gervin yeast and it was trouble free.

checked mine today, now at 1012 which seems reasonable ,i will move it to the bottling bucket for a few weeks now

The Wherry was my first brew and I used the yeast supplied, it fermented ok
It seemed quite bitter to me, But then I was a complete newbie
I'm a newbie to home brew and my opinion won't count much here BUT..... I thought Woodford Wherry is a BITTER ale and is supposed to taste a little BITTER. Or, am I missing something here? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have nothing against people with web feet :lol:

Lets say it tasted harsh instead of bitter :)

Latest posts

Back