Quantcast

First time cold crash

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Libigage

Reaction score
After cold crashing for 3 days would you raise the temperature back up to fermentation temperature to bottle or just bottle at crash temperatures

Buffers brewery

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I Keg/bottle at cold crash temperature too then put Keg/bottles back in the fridge at fermentation temperature (20C) for a couple of weeks then condition at 10C-12C for another couple of weeks.

NPi

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi Friends

I have a brew in my fermentation fridge. Its been fermenting for 1 week to yesterday Sat 19 Sep 2020.

OG 1064
SP 1012

Fermentation has slowed and I plan to bottle as per brewfather suggests next Sat. (14 days fermenting)

I want to cold crash as when I made my hop additions I didnt use the hop spider and chucked them straight in.

The bottom screen on my brewzilla done a pretty good job of capturing most of the hops but obviously I want to keep the sediment down to a min.

So my question is do I cold crash on Wed allowing 3 days to allow bottling on Sat? Or do I start Cold Crash on Sat after 14 fermentation.

Does it matter a jot?

Cheers all

buddsy
What's your recipe estimate FG as? I may think it could go lower than 1012. Depending on the amount of unfermentables you could likely end up at 1009 or less.

Specialbrew

Reaction score
I just plug my fridge into the heating side of the inkbird. Save messing around changing settings athumb.. fridge is turned on permanently as inkbird tries to heat the fridge up.