Flavoured Turbo cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StudentFermenter

Reaction score
Just moved back to uni, so have four thirsty housemates. So yesterday I started three lots of flavoured turbo cider, previously I have used the method of three litres of apple juice and one litre of 'juice' either cranberry, bluberry etc. All of these are low in the actual percentage of juice, and so the cider displays little to no flavour from the original juice. So my idea to remedy that is as follows.​

Cherry
2 Litres of Cherry juice from my local Sainsburys
3 Litres of value apple juice
1 tsp wilkos ale yeast
1 tsp yeast nutrient
1tsp pectolase
1 tsp of glycerine
I cup of good strong black tea
2 teaspoons lemon juice

0000001826906_L.jpeg

0000001194289_L.jpeg

Now the method was to reduce the juice by half, this was done by gently heating over the hob to reduce, careful not to boil as to destroy the flavours.

This was left to cool, and then added to the apple juice and powders and other ingredients as usual and left to ferment.

This was repeated with the blueberry juice, again reduced by half.
0000001542097_L.jpeg

The third was a mixed berry cider , I'd tried this juice and it has a taste very similar to the Kopparberg mixed berry one, so I am hopeful.
0000001827361_L.jpeg

I was using three litres of apple juice and reduced the mixed berry juice from 1 litre to 200ml and it was a syrup.
This was added as usual with the same ingredients as above, and then left to ferment.

I will post the SG here when I get back home.

Cherry

Start

Blueberry

Start

Mixed Berry

Start

I'll update you on how these taste in the next week.

:cheers:

Interested to see how these play out, I'm looking at doing a strawberry TC in the next couple of days using the strawberry ribena. Same position as you, housemates are back and have seen all the beer on the go and they're eyeing it up already! Need something to keep their mits busy until the beer is out of sight haha.

Plus a quick brew would tide me over as well!

Latest posts

Back