Food....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You hated as a kid but like now.

For me its -

Sprouts.

Roast Beef (I hated Sunday dinner)

I am sure there are loads more.

Sprouts and strangely Potatoes, Baked Beans, but then I loved liver, kidney, sardines, you know all the things a kid shouldn't like.

What about the other way round?
We used to be given raw sausages to eat as a treat by our mother. I remember them as being delicious...

What about the other way round?
We used to be given raw sausages to eat as a treat by our mother. I remember them as being delicious...
:shock:

Any of the blue cheeses, Stilton in particular. I couldn't get my head around why you would want to eat mouldy cheese.

Although I did eat my sprouts as a kid I never really liked them, but now look forward to seeing them in the shops.

I'm the same with olives to notlaw. Althougho have to be in the mood to eat them now. Couldn't just eat a whole tub in one sitting. HATED them when I was a kid.

Also used to hate garden peas, don't mind them now, although I couldn't eat mushy peas.

Never really took to avocado but the missus makes good guacamole. Still wouldn't eat a lone avocado though.

Never really hated anything as a child, I grew up during the miners strike so if you didn't eat it, you didn't eat. Still to the day cannot stand raw tomatoes. Spawn of Satan with that green jelly... 😖

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Black pudding, couldn't stand the smell as a kid and certainly wouldn't eat it, i like it now but don't eat it regularly.

Another one with olives - hated them as a kid, but now - well a fresh deli pot could be eaten in a few minutes!

The other way round? As I'd kid, I'd eat kidneys - not the very thought makes me cringe - can't even eat steak & kidney pie.

I used to throw up whenever spinach was cooked and I tried to eat it as a kid, but love it now.
Never really took to avocado but the missus makes good guacamole. Still wouldn't eat a lone avocado though.

A useless fact... Avocado has a chemical that coats liver cells and temporarly protects them from alcohol damage :thumb:

Coffee and cheese, couldn't stand them as a kid. I now love cheese sinfully and I'm sitting here drinking a coffee stout. It's funny, what I didn't like in coffee when I was a kid was the bitterness, now I don't even take sugar in it as it takes away from the bitter taste that I just love. A bit of topic but talking about peoples tastes changing, there's a mate I work with and we have a pint on a Friday lunchtime from the witherspoons guest ale selection, just the one though. I've seen him change from a generic lager drinker to an ale drinker and he says it was down to the Fosters etc that he drank having no flavour at all (what a shocker) and the ales having such varied and different flavours. He's on the path now, it's just getting to start thinking about brewing, I'll bring him in a bottle tomorrow.

Back