• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE new iSpindels fully build and tested £30

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No issues here, boring to calibrate but solid once it’s set up.
Totally agree. The calibration is a pain but once it's done that's it. I connect mine to brewspy and you can get notifications on various events and see the progress of the fv with nice graphs and stats (who doesn't like a nice graph). Saves opening the lid and therefore reducing chance of infection.

Hey all

iSpindels have been posted to those that have paid (Royal Mail, 2nd class)

Ezza (Posted :smallcheers: thanks )
Redgrave_3 (Posted :smallcheers: thanks )
Burtsbeets (Posted :smallcheers: thanks )
Roboto
Mick Brews (Posted :smallcheers: thanks )
Spigley (Posted :smallcheers: thanks )

The next things you'll need to do are:

***A warning***
You should never need to use the micro USB socket you can only access by removing the iSpindel from the tube. This is only for flashing the firmware onto the device which has already been done. If you ever do need to do this (and I can't think why) make sure you remove the battery first. You will damage the device and the battery if you dont and there's a possibility of fire

Last edited:
That link doesn't seem to work, would you mind checking it please. I bought an iSpindels from you just before Christmas and I'm yet to calibrate it
Thanks for the heads up, fixed :)
The iSpindel you purchased wasn't from me however. This is the first batch I've made :laugh8:

Poweline adapter will work. Nice chicken btw, I keep hens too.

cock.jpg

Thanks,, this is my cock!!

How easy is it to build one of these fellas for a complete novice?

It depends on your experience soldering to be honest?
I had the joy of of spending a year working at a company which produced custom circuit boards for people and my position involved hand soldering the prototypes which usually included surface mount components (once the design was finalised the board were made by machine).

Compared to that I find these quite easy to make ;)

The Esp8266 pins are pretty close together though so it's probably not the right thing to learn to build while learning if you haven't soldered much before.

There's also a big economy of scale, the parts for a single iSpindel will be quite a lot, the parts for 10 will be less, the parts for 50 will be less still 😁

If you're interested give me a shout and I'll share with you the links to the bits I used, nothing worse that waiting a month for shipping from China only to find the chip you ordered is the wrong type!!!

Having absolutely no soldering experience I don’t think I’ll be trying to build one of these. I’ll just keep my eyes open for any going for sale on the forum.
thanks for the reply.

Having absolutely no soldering experience I don’t think I’ll be trying to build one of these. I’ll just keep my eyes open for any going for sale on the forum.
thanks for the reply.

I've ordered the parts for another 50 which I'll be building in my spare time once the bits arrive.
It'll probably be 2 to 3 months before I have them ready.

Not sure if I'll be selling them through here or eBay yet though.
I don't want to charge too much for them (I've seen some for sale at £75 which is quite frankly taking the pi55) but that means the amount I make on each is petty modest. So i'll need to work out the most cost effective way to sell them.

if anyone doesn't have 18650s check out fogstar. they are a trusted battery seller (and have a 20% off sale every friday). i'd use a 30Q or an HG2 as they're 3000mAh. they always send batteries out with a free case too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back