Forum Brew's

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snail59

Regular.
Reaction score
Im going to be attempting to brew Big Kenny this weekend (if the grains arrive). I understand this was Forum Brew III almost a year ago. So I decided to have a search to find I, II and see if there had been a IV yet. Forum search wont give any results as to many topics use the words FORUM & BREW. So anyone know what were Forum Brews I & II and has there been a Forum Brew IV yet.

Crikey, I cant even remember now :wha:

In chat recently another forum brew was mentioned, a winter warmer/christmas ale maybe this time :hmm:

Whaddya think?

muddydisco said:
I'm defo up for a dark winter warmer :thumb:
:drink: :thumb:

"Chuckle to self" I was going to comment but at this point thought I better not risk getting banned!

However on a more serious note bring on a strong dark winter warmer a Nice Burton Ale recipe would fit the bill.

UP

One that I wanted to try next was Wadworth's Old Father Timer out of GW's book
Pale, Cyrstal, Black, Goldings and Fuggles around 5.5%

Sounds good to me, how do people feel about agreeing a recipe and everyone has to brew it the same or.......allow a little room for personal flair?

How about people add a suggested recipe here with a name and it goes to a vote?

If we do that people need to keep in mind availabilty of grains / hops / yeast, a recipe with something hard to get hold of wont get many votes.

I think a little flair should be added as alot of us are making good beers and won't be much inbetween them. :thumb:

I like those ABv's but it'll be spring by the time they are matured enough.

Yeah open it up Wez :thumb:

My suggestion would be..

Set OG range
Set IBU range
3 malts that must be included in any ratio above 1%
1 brewers choice malt
1 hop that must be used
max of 2 brewers choice hops
brewers choice of yeast

unclepumble said:
Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby 1058 or Gales Festival Mild 1054 From the GW book spring to mind.

Or we could all try a White Sheild clone ;)

UP

I like the sound of a White Shield. Especially if we could find someone who might know the recipe etc. :whistle:

Dunfie said:
unclepumble said:
Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby 1058 or Gales Festival Mild 1054 From the GW book spring to mind.

Or we could all try a White Sheild clone ;)

UP

I like the sound of a White Shield. Especially if we could find someone who might know the recipe etc. :whistle:

The recipe is the easy part its all over the net. & the GW one is fairly close.

UP

Latest posts

Back