Forums

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rover69

Reaction score
In general I've never been a fan of forums,a lot of self centred people talking nonsense and most talk eventually getting to sex.
The Homebrew forum has totally changed my perception.Straight forward advice from people who know what they're talking about.
And looking from outside in it appears genuine friendships have been made.So although I only joined in October and yet to donate"will do in March " I'd just like to say thank you for all the advice given so far,even though you may not realise you gave it.
Cheers
AL

Isn't the Booby like the Oohmigoolie bird which no legs and every time it lands it shrieks Oohmigoolies
No welcome athumb..

In general I've never been a fan of forums,a lot of self centred people talking nonsense and most talk eventually getting to sex.
The Homebrew forum has totally changed my perception.Straight forward advice from people who know what they're talking about.
And looking from outside in it appears genuine friendships have been made.So although I only joined in October and yet to donate"will do in March " I'd just like to say thank you for all the advice given so far,even though you may not realise you gave it.
Cheers
AL

The part highlighted, the beer will have some of us do that anyway......

The Homebrew forum has totally changed my perception.
Ironically it is this thread that has caused the forum to descend into sexual innuendos :laugh8: Do you think that you may be the common denominator??

Seriously though, thanks @Rover69 for taking the time to write your positive feedback, cheers acheers.

Cheers
AL
Well just so long as you stay away from the snug, but even their it seems to have avoided the worst pitfalls and genuine unpleasantness of many forums (or maybe I spend to much time on Sci-fi forums, seriously their is nothing more irksome than realising that the person you enjoy discussing Star Trek with or other fantasy is also a borderline neo-nazi or conspiracy theorist).

Cheers
AL

Thanks for the feedback Al.

I guess you haven't read many threads in the Snug. :laugh8:

Well just so long as you stay away from the snug, but even their it seems to have avoided the worst pitfalls and genuine unpleasantness of many forums (or maybe I spend to much time on Sci-fi forums, seriously their is nothing more irksome than realising that the person you enjoy discussing Star Trek with or other fantasy is also a borderline neo-nazi or conspiracy theorist).

I used to moderate a football forum a few years ago that was a full time job, i never understood how people that don't know each other could hate one another over a ball game, i guess it was down to a lack of brain cells in most cases.

I used to moderate a football forum a few years ago that was a full time job, i never understood how people that don't know each other could hate one another over a ball game, i guess it was down to a lack of brain cells in most cases.
Certain hobbies seem to attract their share of, well I’ll be kind and say eccentrics, I thankfully am not aware of what horrors sometimes might have to be removed from here but on the whole this and other home brew forums seem to be a tad more mellow than most other hobby forums.

I like this forum. Useful helpful information with a range of views and ideas. Also enough activity you can drop in and enjoy reading the threads that interest you.

Im a member of a couple of other Forums; A Lotus cars forum as they are based in my home town and an astronomy forum. This forum and the Lotus forum both share a passion of food and drink. The guys in the astronomy forums are friendly enough but Im sure even they'd agree that take Geek to the next level!

buddsy

It can get a bit exciting on an evening.. especially after a few slurps!
But in general it's like a good old drink and some witty banter with your best mates you've never met...
Be assured though it's a tight ship..and rightly so.

Back