Fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning to get one of these too. Measured up in store today, internal height is a little over 110cm with 10cm spacings between shelves. My fermenter and airlock come in at 45cm so might need a right angle barb and blow off tube to make room for the corneys at the same time.
I suspect I'll more likely have the top half filled with bottles and the bottom with either kegs or a fermentor, but not both at the same time. I'm trying to get my head round how to fit constantly having a lager brew coming along into the brew schedule if I expand the fridge capacity.

Hi Alastair, one thing i found out is the gas line won't go through the drain hole so some kind of reduction needed there, at moment i have the gas and 2 cornys in there, i don't want to start drilling holes in it as it's brand new, i am thinking along the same lines as you are just juggling things between an fv or cornys, i think you could get an fv and 2 cornys in if you only want to cold crash, like i say i don't want to molest it while it is under warranty, it is a decent size though and would look the part with taps on it athumb..

I got the Currys CUL55W20 on sale about a month ago. I can measure the internal dimensions if you want when I get home.

Hi Leon this an on going job but 3 will fit in with the gas outside maybe 4, the problem I have is it brand new and I don’t want to start drilling holes in it and void the warranty
AEB3C698-41BE-429F-A310-A29B46ACB335.jpeg

Hi Leon this an on going job but 3 will fit in with the gas outside maybe 4, the problem I have is it brand new and I don’t want to start drilling holes in it and void the warranty View attachment 48669
Thanks. My current one can fit 3 on the bottom and then a couple of shelves for bottles etc. I think I would have to sacrifice the bottles and build a shelve to have 3 or 4 kegs in that. Not comfortable housing a full at that height.
I am hoping my own kicks back into life. I noticed yesterday it wasn't cold as it should be. This morning inside the fridge was at 13c.

I have seen a wider and deeper one on the net. I may go with that

I work for an electrical company and part of the job is to test houses people have moved out of. A lot of people walk away from the houses and leave all sorts behind them fridges being one of them. So I currently have a tall fridge in the brew shed for 3 kegs and taps. A small under counter fridge in the garage for bottles and cans. A larder fridge for brewing in that can fit 2 fermenters in separate parts controlled by 2 inkbirds and just brought home another full fridge half freezer last week as a spare. I have also picked one up for my brother in laws bar and my sisters beer shed.
have to stop collecting them lol

I work for an electrical company and part of the job is to test houses people have moved out of. A lot of people walk away from the houses and leave all sorts behind them fridges being one of them. So I currently have a tall fridge in the brew shed for 3 kegs and taps. A small under counter fridge in the garage for bottles and cans. A larder fridge for brewing in that can fit 2 fermenters in separate parts controlled by 2 inkbirds and just brought home another full fridge half freezer last week as a spare. I have also picked one up for my brother in laws bar and my sisters beer shed.
have to stop collecting them lol
Have you got a tshirt with a fridge on?

Do you have cornies in there or a fermenter? If cornies, how many can you fit? Thanks in advance!
No it's just a 25 l fermenter and it's a tight fit. You might be able to fit 2 in with the bottom shelf removed and sitting in front of the area where the compressor sits. I can measure it when I get home from work tonight if you want ?

@Deadhead the internal dimensions of the fridge are

• 44cm wide
  • 43.5cm depth
  • 71.75cm high
  • The compressor shelf is 21cm high and protudes into the fridge by 15cm.
Not sure of corny keg dimensions. If you were to remove the glass shelf that sits level with the top of the compressor, the maximum area you have to play with is 44cm width, 28.5cm depth and 71.75cm high.

Hi Leon this an on going job but 3 will fit in with the gas outside maybe 4, the problem I have is it brand new and I don’t want to start drilling holes in it and void the warranty View attachment 48669

I bought a small 60L Sodastream CO2 cylinder for use inside my fridge (it lies on the shelf) and I have an adaptor to fill it from my bigger 5KG bottle.

I then use a mini-keg regulator and an adaptor for the Sodastream to keep my corny kegs at serving pressure. So I only use the big cylinder for purging the kegs and doing closed transfers.

But now I'm looking for a fridge that can fit 3 or more kegs, as I've outgrown my 2 keg fridge. So maybe your one with a wooden shelf could be the ticket....

Unless you have a specific reason I would just get one used from eBay, gumtree or FB market place, you'll save yourself around £150 (or three cornies!) and you won't be too precious about drilling holes in it!
I've picked up a hotpoint under counter one for a kegerator in my disco shed for £30 and got a free one for the brew shed that fits my Fermzilla All Rounder in the top and room for two cornies and 6-10 1l bottles underneath to either collect CO2 or condition.

Unless you have a specific reason I would just get one used from eBay, gumtree or FB market place, you'll save yourself around £150 (or three cornies!) and you won't be too precious about drilling holes in it!
I've picked up a hotpoint under counter one for a kegerator in my disco shed for £30 and got a free one for the brew shed that fits my Fermzilla All Rounder in the top and room for two cornies and 6-10 1l bottles underneath to either collect CO2 or condition.
I bought it, i didn't want the hassle or take a chance, i am going to sort it at weekend get the gas outside and get 2 more cornys

Back