Fruit Teabag Wine - are these any good?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamcle

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi All.

I've never made fruit teabag wine, I tried WOW but it was acid enough to make concrete fizz ( think Alien and the melting deck plates) but I've found some tea bags that might be ok.

Lemon and Ginger
Citrus and Orange Blossom
Pure LemonGrass.

Are any of them any good for wine n do you have a recipe?

Many Thanks. Aamcle

they can make really nice wines, i made one using a blackberry and nettle as for a recipe i would say just search the forum i know moley did a thread on it cos thats where i got the recipe from before hope this helps

I recently tried a couple, one using Zingy Purple Berry and one using Cranberry And Raspberry. Hadn't done any before but thought I ought to find out what it was all about.
I was stunned by how good they were, with no aging.
Almost anything you fancy the flavour of will be good.

Thanks for reply but I was asking specifically if the bag I have could make good wine, anybody used those blends.

Any body know?

Aamcle

what make are your tea bags ?

I've only ever used Twinnings Fruit tea bags,

I think they would have too much tea in them....Twinnings are herbal based not tea.

aamcle said:
Lemon and Ginger
Citrus and Orange Blossom
Pure LemonGrass.

Lemongrass might be a slightly weak flavour for a wine. The other two should be good.

aamcle said:
I'll pull a a bag to bits and try to see if it's tea or fruit inside.

Atb. Aamcle

I checked the ingredients list on their website. It's fruit.

I've got some Lemon and Ginger Twinnings wine.

Its very ginger and warming !!

Out of 6 persons to try it, one loves it to bits the other 5 complain its too gingery.... and I'm not the one to love it.

Hi, i have made a LOT of fruit tea bag in my time, and found it to be very nice, quick and cheap, i never bothered with the twinings brand, as i made wine to be cost effective, i always chose Asda's own brand, especially when it was 2 for £1!!

Stick with the normal berry flavours, and you can't got wrong mate!
:)
:thumb:

Latest posts

Back