Fuggles /Choc malt/ Marris Otter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samnorfolk

Landlord.
Reaction score
Im looking to use up the fuggles I've got left, i still got about half a Kilo, I've got some chocolate malt and marries otter, would be looking to make a 25 litre batch, with ibu around 35 and 4-5% abv

Would it taste nice as a single hop brew or if i use Styrian goldings would this give a more citrus hit to it?

Cheers

I would use the Brewers Friend recipe builder to see what I could do with it. :thumb: :thumb:

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew-recipes/

I used it for an Odds & Sods Bitter I knocked up in February and I only have three bottles left! :whistle: :whistle:

thanks

I've tried brewers friend, was wondering what sort of taste came from it as fuggles aren't very hoppy, would the brew be more on malty side?

I'll use Fuggles a fair bit. Usually in Mild but that won't help you (doesn't use up much). But is also the sole hop in a Old Peculiar clone I do.

Interesting you'd use Styrian Goldings to pep up the aroma. Styrian Goldings ARE Fuggles! The Brits hoodwinked them selling "Golding" but giving them Fuggles. But they developed into the fine hops they have now.

thanks

I've tried brewers friend, was wondering what sort of taste came from it as fuggles aren't very hoppy, would the brew be more on malty side?

Pass on that one!

Every "own recipe" I do is a step into the unknown and after working in India for a number of years my taste buds are more or less shot to bits.

Sorry. :doh: :doh:

Latest posts

Back