Gas disconnect issue

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alefric LeHendz

Reaction score
Hi all, today I received my first keg of any kind, a mini keg with ball lock spear lid and steel disconnects. I've attached the liquid one no problem but the gas doesn't want to go further than it has in the image. I didn't want to damage it before I'm sure if I'm doing something wrong, or is this just a case of it needing some real force?

Attachments

• IMG_20200819_131657341.jpg
    IMG_20200819_131657341.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 63
I've now realised I think I had them the wrong way round. Nothing came with the keg to say which was which so if anyone can confirm this it would be much appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20200819_133131568.jpg
    IMG_20200819_133131568.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 53
The post that has the nut with the notches (the outer post) is the Gas In, and the nut without notches (central post) is Product Out, I believe. As for the disconnects, do you know which is which?
I think the gas in is the ringed one and the liquid is the smooth one. But that's only because of the way they fit. Dark farm don't list which is which, but they look similar to ones on get 'erbrewed that are that way around

And are you lifting the ring on the disconnects when you try to push them on? They can be a git for a while and some edible lubricant helps.

Latest posts

Back