Going Nano...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttersnow

Reaction score
Hi guys

First I'm sorry for going slightly off the Home brew topics but I'm upgrading to Nano- micro and I'm looking for advice/opinions.....

...I'm looking to smash out 1000 litres à month with a 250l (of finished beed) system from Enobeers. As I'm still fresh to the brewing world I haven't started kegging or canning yet(only done bottles). I'm thinking about what is best here... batch priming the fermenter then package into cans or kegs or getting fermenters where I can force carbonate before packaging... thoughts please?

Also any recommendations for manual/semi auto can fillers and seemers.
I'm looking at inox 20l s-type kegs

Many thanks

I've never heard of anyone can conditioning beer. Bottle conditioning yes, keg conditioning yes, but not can. To fill cans with pre-carbonated beer you would need a conditioning tank to finish the beer in and then fill the cans from. For kegs, it would be better to prime the kegs individually than batch prime in the FV.

I would be tempted to ponder @Clint's questions before jumping in too deep.

I've never heard of anyone can conditioning beer. Bottle conditioning yes, keg conditioning yes, but not can. To fill cans with pre-carbonated beer you would need a conditioning tank to finish the beer in and then fill the cans from. For kegs, it would be better to prime the kegs individually than batch prime in the FV.

I would be tempted to ponder @Clint's questions before jumping in too deep.
Can conditioning is definitely 'a thing'. Schneider Weisse in Germany do it, as an example.

I was concerned about how you would know when to stop pouring, if you couldn't see the sediment. Not a problem with a weisse I guess.

Hi guys

First I'm sorry for going slightly off the Home brew topics but I'm upgrading to Nano- micro and I'm looking for advice/opinions.....

...I'm looking to smash out 1000 litres à month with a 250l (of finished beed) system from Enobeers. As I'm still fresh to the brewing world I haven't started kegging or canning yet(only done bottles). I'm thinking about what is best here... batch priming the fermenter then package into cans or kegs or getting fermenters where I can force carbonate before packaging... thoughts please?

Also any recommendations for manual/semi auto can fillers and seemers.
I'm looking at inox 20l s-type kegs

Many thanks
Have you been following Andy setting up Four Priests Brewery - a lot to learn here
https://www.youtube.com/c/FourPriestsBrewery

How long have you been brewing? What batch sizes are you used to? Have you absolutely nailed down your process? Are your recipes sound? Why are you doing it? Have you got time?

First off I'm a brit who somehow flukes through life .... I'm now an adopted swiss citizen living in the french part of Switzerland....

I've only been brewing since last August... only done 650litres since then with a 30litre all in one kettle

My method is questionable apart from the hygiene(apparently I'm ocd)

My recipes (modified a couple of times.. maybe a 3rd time)maybe questionable but they are already selling at a café/buvette, local people direct, two restaurats are offering me a place on Tap and It's in the works of sponsoring a rugby club....

I'm registered as a limited Enterprise

Time and funding isn't an issue for me... I have people who believe in me and wanting to invest... but I have what I need from the bank and wanting to keep the cards close to the chest sorta speak...

My location for brewing is sorted

It just the Packaging Into kegs and cans I need to get clear.... I haven't had to dump beer as of yet..... I'm a flukey *******

Latest posts

Back