Guns

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in the 1970s I owned a double barrelled 12 bore muzzle loader shotgun. Percussion cap. Great fun. Used to shoot pidgeons and rabbits and once or twice went clay pidgeon shooting which was hilarious - no one could actually tell whether I hit a clay or not because of the enormous smoke cloud.
Getting the shotgun certificate in those days was dead easy - all you needed was a clean record and permission to shoot somewhere, you didn't even need anywhere secure to keep the gun. Getting the explosives license on the other hand took months. In the end they gave me a license for 2 Lb black powder which I fetched home safely bungeed to the back of my motorcycle. Those were the days...

The last few responses on this thread have brought home the world i once knew.

There seems to be too many nutters about these days,For the government to trust the citizen to act in a responsible manner.
Such a shame.

Garner? Spent 15 years in Raleigh. Was raised outside Hendersonville, NC. Moved to Raleigh after Navy service & degree from UNCA. (Sold my restored 1965 Malibu SS before leaving the mtns). I miss NC.

Down at about Ten-Ten road and Highway 50.

Back