half price apple juice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billmcc

Reaction score
Hi all for all you turbo cider lovers lidl have half price apple juice this weekend only
its 39p for 1.5 litre
cheers :cheers:

its for the nectar not the juice but I think it's still ok I'm not sure? prob just take longer to clear lol

I've never tried it with the nectar before might try it (may as well for the price) might chuck in some of that sour cherry stuff on offer also

Can't go wrong with that price! Going into Lidl this morning anyway as the bottled loganberries that they have at this end just look too tempting to ignore...

If I remember rightly the nectar, although "made with apple juice", has quite a bit of other stuff added. You pays your money and takes your choice...

doyley said:
If I remember rightly the nectar, although "made with apple juice", has quite a bit of other stuff added. You pays your money and takes your choice...

Wise words... I stick to the 100% AJ and have never had anything go wrong, but... experimentation can be fun... ahem.. :grin:

Well, I found the Lidl trip yesterday disappointing. Not only had all the bottled loganberries been sold out (should have grabbed 'em when I saw 'em a few weeks ago) but that Apple Nectar stuff (and the other 'nectar' juices too) I found to be only 50% juice, the rest being water and added sugar, so I didn't bother.

Come to think of it, I've so far found in Lidl that it's only the Vitafit 100% juices (pure white grape , pure red grape, pinapple from concentrate, apple from concentrate) that are worth bothering with and occasionally they'll have deals on those too. Lidl do several different orange juices (6 different ones at my branch) but only one that's pure (and expensive)...the others being full of ****.

Good source of cheap(est) sugar and cheap brandy for liquer making, but my best deals yesterday were at the new local Polish supermarket - 2ltr cartons of pure pressed blackcurrant juice @ 99p a chuck (duly stocked up in the boot of the car whilst the price lasts) and pure apple juice at the same size and price that I'll pick up tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back