Has temperature data been changed?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the Illuminati you know. Lol. Have you never heard the phrase 'green taxes'? More to the point, have you had time to read the short article I linked to? CO2, the minute trace gas, is used because it can be used as a tool to control, yet compared in volume to nitrogen, oxygen, water vapour (which is a far more efficient 'greenhouse gas' than CO2 ) etc, it's like taking a p*** in a swimming pool. Talking about taking a p***....

Ahahaha. A short paper 'eh. It runs to 77 pages, and it is absolute nonsense. It reads like an overenthusiastic teenager's homework. It hasn't been peer reviewed, or even proof-read by the looks of it. Blair D. Macdonald doesn't even understand basic chemistry. I don't even know where to begin trying to explain how bad that paper is, or his misunderstandings of the science, but here are a few points.

1) He presents literally no evidence to back up his assertions. Seriously, the methods section starts with "No experiment as such was undertaken, but rather a first principles review of literature, theory, application, and instruments with respect to the hypothesis." So, instead of presenting any data, he does a "first principles review". What the hell even is that? I think he just likes the phrase "first principles" because it sounds sciency, even if he isn't capable of using it coherently.

2) The beginning of his intro states that the theory of greenhouse gasses assumes that "the non-GHGs nitrogen (N2) and oxygen (O2) – 99% of the dry atmosphere – do not absorb or emit any IR radiation, at any temperature". He doesn't reference this, probably because it is ********. I have never met a chemist, physicist, climate scientist, astonomer or geologist who would accept that. He says the same thing at the beginning of the abstract: "Greenhouse theory’s premise, nitrogen and oxygen are not greenhouse gases as they do not emit and absorb infrared radiation presents a paradox; it contradicts both quantum mechanics and thermodynamics – where all matter above absolute 0 Kelvin radiates IR photons." Not a good start.

3) His main ideas which "proves" that N2 and O2 are greenhouse gasses is Ramen spectroscopy. From the abstract "It was hypothesised these gases do radiate at quantum mechanics predicted spectra, and these spectra are observed by IR spectroscopy’s complement instrument, Raman Spectroscopy". Oh, do you see what he did there? He didn't use IR spectroscopy, you know the method that actually detects the absorption of IR radiation. No no, he uses Ramen spectroscopy, which measures the scattering of IR radiation. Is that what you think climate scientists think? That global warming is caused by scattering? His entire argument is based on the fact that the experiment that would show that O2 and N2 are greenhouse gasses conclusively shows that they aren't, and so he pretends that a different experiment can when they don't. I'm not surprised that this didn't pass peer-review - it is explicitly designed so that his fellow scientifically illiterates look at it and say "ooooh, this has some sciency words in and therefore must be true"

4) In fairness, some energy can be added to or taken away from the IR light as it is scattered. It is a weak effect and irrelevant to greenhouse gasses, but it does happen, and MacDonald has managed to find some evidence of it using his mad googling skillz. This is his all-powerful knockout sciencey conclusion. From the abstract: "It was found the gases do possess quantum predicted emission spectra at 2338cm-1 and 1556cm-1 respectively". Ahahahahah! 2338cm-1 and 1556cm-1. Those frequencies aren't even in the frequency range of the IR emitted from Earth. Seriously, the guy is claiming that N2 and O2 are greenhouse gasses because the can absorb or emit radiation in a part of the spectrum that is completely irrelevant for global warming because there isn't even any appreciable amount of IR radiation in that region that even be trapped in the first place. What a moron!

5) There is so much more that is wrong with this paper scientifically. There is literally too much to spell out. It is littered with mistakes and he clearly has no experience in science. The figures are a joke. He literally copy-pasted them from other papers and websites, complete with their text. Just look at them. Some are screen grabs of youtube videos. Youtube! That master authority on matters of truth. He even adds references to youtube. Most of his non-youtube references aren't even to the scientific literature, but to random websites.

If that is what passes as evidence for denialists, then no wonder they are seen as a scientific joke. I never knew it got this bad. You've made my day Gunge, you really have. What are you going to post as "evidence" next? Deepak Chopra? The bible?

If that is what passes as evidence for denialists, then no wonder they are seen as a scientific joke. I never knew it got this bad. You've made my day Gunge, you really have. What are you going to post as "evidence" next? Deepak Chopra? The bible?

Cool your boots! I never said the guy was right; merely offered the article for general perusal. But if he is talking bolox then you've got to hand it to him; he's single-handedly pulled off a stunt which has hitherto taken thousands of pro-AGW scientists to accomplish. I've never heard of Deepak Chopra, but I do know that some dude who fiddled with railways once headed the IPCC. And as the sun continues its descent into a grand minimum, I guess the true driver of climate change will be revealed. If it does turn out to be the sun this time around, it shows without doubt the futility of pursuing carbon dioxide reduction ( even if it is a climate driver... it isn't ) when we are at the mercy of things beyond our control, at all times. AGW = total crapola. Psst... anyone wanna buy some carbon credits?

Last edited:
But if he is talking bolox then you've got to hand it to him; he's single-handedly pulled off a stunt which has hitherto taken thousands of pro-AGW scientists to accomplish.

Not really, I never heard of this guy or paper till you posted a link to it.

Have you never heard the phrase 'green taxes'?

Anyway, apart from issuing Green Taxes, what is the aim of this global, trans-government conspiracy?
Who is behind it & what is their aim.

Not really, I never heard of this guy or paper till you posted a link to it.

Anyway, apart from issuing Green Taxes, what is the aim of this global, trans-government conspiracy?
Who is behind it & what is their aim.

I would also like to add please support each point with actual evidence.

I would also like to add please support each point with actual evidence.
Well, I would have thought that, by post 125, we should all get the message that this is not going to happen.
I do not understand why, but it seems to me that Gunge, whoever he or she may be, is not arguing any points from a logical standpoint. Rather, there seems to be a repetitive diatribe: "You are all fools, its all crapola".
Which might be a sustainable viewpoint if there was a shred of evidence for it. As far as I can see, there isn't. It seems to me that, whenever challenged with a serious point that has factual support, Gunge totally fails to respond. But then, if the "coast is clear", comes back with the same unsubstantiated rhetoric.
Sorry, Gunge, if I've got you wrong here. But your posts to me look like those of a wind-up-merchant and not a serious forum debater.

I am on the fence are both sides exaggerating i haven't a clue but if this thread is anything to go by it would seem people are keen to side with the scientists and think those who deny it are talking ****.

If you don't want to watch it all watch from 20:28. (then go back and watch from the begging)

hhhhhhh.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
I am sorry but I just want to know the reason behind this huge global warming conspiracy.

I'll watch the almost 1 hour of YouTube videos when I am not at work.

it would seem people are keen to side with the scientists and think those who deny it are talking ****.
Side with the scientists?? What are we talking about here - gunfight in the OK Corral?
Perhaps, if you fly abroad to go on holiday, you might be keen to "side with the airplane designers". Or would you prefer to save a few pounds, and join your mad uncle Igor and fly off to the South of France in the plane he made out of old bicycle parts. After all, he's told you "Don't believe their rubbish. Their planes crash all the time. I've never yet built a plane that crashed. You'll be perfectly safe with me".
Or, say you had a brain tumour. Would you listen to a team of qualified consultants and surgeons, and follow their recommended course of action. Or, would you prefer to go online, find a site that suggested the orthodox medical wisdom regarding brain tumours was wrong. In fact, nothing more than a scam, so they could put up National Insurance contributions. The way forward for the enlightened is, in fact, trepanning. If you have a pain in your head, then simply remove part of your skull over the offending area to relieve the pressure. Obvious! Worked for me, and loads of my friends. Don't let these so-called medical experts con you. They're only after your money.....................................

I was expecting lots of discussion about the facts presented in the videos as several members have been slating Gunge for saying the scientists are talking **** but not proving any evidence to back it up.

Or, say you had a brain tumour. Would you listen to a team of qualified consultants and surgeons, and follow their recommended course of action. Or, would you prefer to go online, find a site that suggested the orthodox medical wisdom regarding brain tumours was wrong. In fact, nothing more than a scam, so they could put up National Insurance contributions. The way forward for the enlightened is, in fact, trepanning. If you have a pain in your head, then simply remove part of your skull over the offending area to relieve the pressure. Obvious! Worked for me, and loads of my friends. Don't let these so-called medical experts con you. They're only after your money.................
Hi!
To continue your analogy, if you quizzed the surgeons who are treating you about the cause of your brain tumour, where it came from and why it grew, they would be unable to give you a clear answer. You may speak to many surgeons and get several different opinions.
Isn't that the problem with global warming? There is no clear understanding of what is driving global warming. Each side in the debate seem to be able to draw on the results of serious, well-respected scientific and meteorological studies, backed up by clear statistical analyses, to support their argument.
There also seems to be, on both sides, manipulation of data to suit the respective argument.
In this case only, science has become as much an article of faith as any religious belief.

I was expecting lots of discussion about the facts presented in the videos.

The videos, together are about 1 hour long.
Perhaps, you could write down a short synopsis of the points made in the videos?

several members have been slating Gunge for saying the scientists are talking **** but not proving any evidence to back it up.

In fairness Gunge has slated anyone who believes in Global warming either with no or just very flimsy evidence.

Hi!
Each side in the debate seem to be able to draw on the results of serious, well-respected scientific and meteorological studies, backed up by clear statistical analyses, to support their argument.

Actually the debate, among the experts is over. The overall consensus is that man made global warming is a reality

Or there is a huge trans government, international conspiracy.

Yeah, this idea that both sides has good evidence is simply not true. Nor is it in dispute why the climate is changing. The ability for CO2 to trap heat is a matter of simple physical chemistry, and the isotope data is pretty conclusive in identifying where the additional CO2 has come from: fossil fuels.

I'll check the videos out later, but for sure Lord Munkton is not a scientist, and he has been exposed many times for lying and misleading about climate change.

Actually the debate, among the experts is over.
Hi!
No! There are still numerous conflicting predictions of the extent of global warming - between 1.5°C and 4.5°C.
You cannot possibly claim that the debate is over.
Yes, the planet is getting warmer.
Yes, increased CO2 and methane in the atmosphere is the cause.
Yes, the burning of fossil fuel is the culprit.
After that, nothing is agreed.
https://www.wired.com/story/the-dizzying-science-of-climate-change-gets-a-bit-clearer/

Brainbrewed look at the post in the first video I said to skip to a time if you don't want to watch it all, to be fair those saying the people who believe GW is a lie are idiots should take an hour out of their lives to see the other sides view on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back