Has temperature data been changed?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,It seems to me that, whenever challenged with a serious point that has factual support, Gunge totally fails to respond. But then, if the "coast is clear", comes back with the same unsubstantiated rhetoric.
Sorry, Gunge, if I've got you wrong here. But your posts to me look like those of a wind-up-merchant and not a serious forum debater.

I can see how you arrive at that opinion but in my defense, I'm bored of it all. I was a 'serious forum debater' from 2007 until quite recently. Really could not start that over again, on here. The division between pro and anti AGW types will never heal, I've learned that much and come to the conclusion that either 'side' is wasting their time trying to convince the other. But I'm perfectly happy and comfortable with my stance after all these years - nothing I've seen or heard has raised the slightest doubt about that. As for climate change itself, I'm still waiting to see any tangible difference from decades ago, instead of possibly dubious figures from scientists telling me differently. It's like being told you've won the lottery but you can't have the money. The future, the future, climate change remains resolutely in the future, as it has since its inception. I would think that CO2 emissions are now in decline, or at the very least stabilised, but temperatures continue to rise, we are told. What gives? No, reducing CO2 is not, and never has been about controlling a planetary climate system.

Brainbrewed look at the post in the first video I said to skip to a time if you don't want to watch it all, to be fair those saying the people who believe GW is a lie are idiots should take an hour out of their lives to see the other sides view on it.
Talking for myself, I've spent many hours reading through denialist material. Monckton, in particular, should be dismissed on the basis of his arguments, and I'd recommend the Munckton Bunkum series to anyone who takes him seriously.

Matt Ridley isn't a scientist either, but he is of better repute and that showed in his talk. Notice that he doesn't question that the climate is warming, nor that the reason is because of the fossil fuels we are burning, nor that it will have consequences. He is no denialist, and the arguments he presents are interesting and important, and are about what we should do about it and what the consequences will be.

Compare that to the guy who made the video in the OP, arguing that temperature data has been manipulated to hide the fact that warming didn't happen. He should know better if he is putting that out there. It's the knowing misrepresentation that irks me the most.

Ian until you prove every single point Monckton made in the video to be a lie there is no point in carry this on you cannot sweep it under the carpet as the ramblings of an idiot and as no one is going to do that and as Gunge says both sides will never change their stance it's time to bring this to an end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back