Hefe 8 10 08

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oblivious

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all brewed this last night, I did not have any German hops so I went with some older Bramling Cross.

Hefe 8 10 08

A ProMash Recipe Report

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (L): 23.00
Total Grain (kg): 5.33
Anticipated OG: 1.052
Anticipated SRM: 5.0
Anticipated IBU: 16.1
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70 %
Wort Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
27.7 1.47 kg. Pale Malt(2-row)
51.1 2.72 kg. Wheat Malt
21.3 1.13 kg. Munich Malt

250g Oat husks

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
25.00 g. Bramling Cross Whole 5.00 16.1 60 min.

Yeast
-----
White Labs WLP300 Hefeweizen Ale (1.2 liters stater)

Mash Schedule
-------------

Mash Type: Single Step

Grain kg: 5.33
Water Qts: 14.87 - Before Additional Infusions
Water L: 14.07 - Before Additional Infusions

L Water Per kg Grain: 2.64 - Before Additional Infusions

Saccharification Rest Temp : 66 Time: 0
Mash-out Rest Temp : 70 Time: 0
Sparge Temp : 70 Time: 0

Total Mash Volume L: 17.63 - Dough-In Infusion Only

All temperature measurements are degrees Celsius.

i am going to brew some hefe using some dregs of yeast that i stuck in the fridge last november.i have started a starter and it looks like its working obviously dont know if it will have mutated or turn out to be toxic. perhaps we should hold a poll or a sweepstake on the outcome :hmm:

hehe my god!

my odds are on it getting infected before it's multiplied to a level to hold back the nasties

slurp said:
i am going to brew some hefe using some dregs of yeast that i stuck in the fridge last november.i have started a starter and it looks like its working obviously dont know if it will have mutated or turn out to be toxic. perhaps we should hold a poll or a sweepstake on the outcome :hmm:

Maybe you should invest in a tube WLP300, november is a long time if the yeast has not been properly stored

i am going to brew some hefe using some dregs of yeast that i stuck in the fridge last november

I've got one in my fridge too :oops: , but it's the Brewferm Blanche and I wasn't impressed with the results, so I think it'll be getting thrown.

I have got some interesting video of the yeast crawling out of the airlock, i will try and post its as soon as i find the USB cable for my phone :wha:

Here is a quick video of the activity of WLP300 from my Hefe, in hindsight I probably should have used a blow of tube :pray:

I've had that with stouts, what a mess :evil:
Did you get action like that for long OB? Cool video by the way :thumb:

Latest posts

Back