Hello from Sunderland

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HognoseMad

Reaction score
Hi, I've been brewing my own beers, lagers, bitters,ciders and BlackBerry wine (useing fruits from my own gardens) for about a year now and in that time I've learned a lot. But I really only use tinned kits for my beers I am considering buying one of these kits and going all grain BIAB. Has anybody used these and would you recommend them? Thanks http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/biab-starter-kit-peco-boiler-chiller-mashing-bag-mash-kit-p-2507.html

Welcome and I would recommend them, works well. Can be worth ordering through their .ie site depending on euro rate and if you have a bank card with reasonable foreign transaction costs. Discount still works and I find it cheaper

Welcome and I would recommend them, works well. Can be worth ordering through their .ie site depending on euro rate and if you have a bank card with reasonable foreign transaction costs. Discount still works and I find it cheaper

Good call Demig, MM posted this link, HBC.ie are doing a comp where if you order from them now you go into a draw to win a €500 voucher.

https://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/a-€500-free-voucher-c-274.html

I'm trying to justify an order but I'm stocked up atm.

Thanks for the replys and tips I'll have a look into them. As for water would bottled spring water be ok to use ?

Thanks for the replys and tips I'll have a look into them. As for water would bottled spring water be ok to use ?

Hi, Sunderland connections for me - I'm married to a Mackam and used to work at Vaux brewery (office job, wasn't interested in brewing at the time, regret that now).

Anyway, I'm constantly banging on about lidl water, 17p for two litres. It's all I use.

I use lidl water as well, so cheap and actually has the advantage that it is easy to make sure your volumes are correct when you just need to look at the empty bottles and do your two times table!

Welcome to the forum. I used to live in Sunderland until a couple of years ago. Whereabouts in Sunderland are you?

Yeah it was lidl bottled water I was thinking of using it's only 2 minutes away and we always buy it as drinking water anyway :-)

some sort of acid. too much for me to take in to be honest Wilfy. he said it all depends which part of the town you live as there's different water sources.

I lived in Ashbrooke and the water was terrible. My neighbour brewed and used to fill bottles when he went to work over Durham way.

I've only brewed in Seaburn and Fulwell and haven't noticed anything up with the watta. Might look into it a bit more.

I've never really noticed any problems with our water, but I've got a Black Rock APA to brew soon so I'm going to try lidl's bottled water to see if it's better than tap water?

Back