Help and advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ristonmike

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm thinking of getting back into brewing after a thirty year break , in years long ago I used to used the boil in the bag method with a old Burco boiler ,
what I'm trying to find out is, if there is anyone in the U.K. That sells a 3 pot electric all grain system complete if not where I can get a set of plans to guide me in the right direction
Many thanks

Ristonmike

From East Yorkshire

Hi Mike, and welcome to the forum.
I've not seen a complete electric 3-pot for sale in the UK but you could get a standard 3-tier AG setup from BrewUK or the Homebrew Company and connect them up with a pump. However, if you are going to be spending that sort of money why not go for a one-pot system like the Grainfather, Bulldog Brewer or ACE micro brewery? They take up less floor space, make it easy to do stepped mashes and mash outs, give the efficiency and reproducibility of recirculation mashing, leave less equipment in need of cleaning at the end of the day and, most importantly, make beer every bit as good as or better than a 3-pot system.

Hi Iain

Thank you for your valued advice , I'm not in to much of a rush as having a garage built to accommodate my car / brewing needs .
I will certainly look futher into the products you mention, With these all in one setups do you have to buy premade up kits or can you play around with the grain and hops etc

Many thanks

Mike

Hiya, you can use whatever grains in them that you want up to there capacity, i use a grainfather and the largest grain bill i have had in it to date is about 8kg, there are plenty of online calculators on the web that will give you the exact strike and sparge water amounts that you need for most of the available systems, the one advantage that all in one systems have is space saving the downside to them is the cost. If you are wanting to do big batches of more than 30 litres then a 3 pot system might suit you better, lol i guess it depends how big you are building your garage and how small a car you need to get in it:)

Hi Chewie

Thanks for that I will delve further into the grainfather , do you need any other equipment for brewing or the the grain father do it all up to fermentation

Latest posts

Back