Here we go

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason why this is a story is the boy he had an affair with may have been 15 at the time. Possibly as young as 10.
Schools was in his 50s when they first met.
If a 50 plus year old having a relationship with an under person does not bother you, fair enough
It bothers me immensely. Extremely immensely. I gathered they first met when the lad was 15 and it was a school trip! If they had a relationship then, that would be a matter for the police.
The police are not involved as yet so how do you and the other puritans on this thread know any better than the police. Chippy just said he lied about his affair. How many don't lie about an affair? This is irrelevent. Either the bloke is guilty of a heinous crime in which case hang him, or he isn't in which case leave him alone.

The police are not involved as yet so how do you and the other puritans on this thread know any better than the police.
How many people have accused him of having an under age affair in the thread?

Chippy just said he lied about his affair. How many don't lie about an affair? This is irrelevent. Either the bloke is guilty of a heinous crime in which case hang him, or he isn't in which case leave him alone.

There was an investigation into the affair and as i said below he lied to the investigators and his bosses, it is irrelevant how many others lie this is about him, as i said in my earlier post below we will never know if a crime was committed this was always about him telling lies (read the OP again) not about the age of the lad that was brought up after the story broke, he is guilty of telling lies and having an affair, if you believe the statement put out he decided the best thing to do was leave his job i think he was right.

To repeat my earlier post -

I doubt we will ever find out if the rumours the lad was under age are true but it doesn't change the fact he lied in the investigation.

His agency have also dropped him -

The veteran TV presenter, 61, resigned from the broadcaster on Friday and was dropped by his talent agency YMU after admitting to an “unwise, but not illegal” affair with a young male colleague on This Morning.
Lawyers representing Schofield have confirmed they met when the boy was 15, but said the affair began after he started working at ITV, and the man’s lawyers have also confirmed this.
In a statement on Friday, Schofield said the man was a teenager when they were introduced, and he was asked to help him get into television but underlined that it was a number of years later when he joined the show as an adult that their affair began.

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-05-28/schofield-first-met-colleague-he-later-had-affair-with-at-age-15

Last edited:
it is irrelevant how many others lie this is about him, as i said in my earlier post below we will never know if a crime was committed this was always about him telling lies (read the OP again) not about the age of the lad that was brought up after the story broke, he is guilty of telling lies and having an affair, if you believe the statement put out he decided the best thing to do was leave his job i think he was right.
It is relevent. Why is it about him. It's not about lying is it? We want to pin something more serious on him. "We'll never know if a crime was committed" So are we going to lynch him just in case????
Sure he had to quit his job. He did lie, and when he was found out and his position became untenable, he 'fessed up and resigned. In this he is a bit more noble than the likes of Boris, Trump, Bravermann, etc, but the bar isn't very high.
I'm more worried about you guys than Schofield. If he done it, he'll pay the price- or not. But some of these comments a worthy of a Southern States lynch mob. Yeah. Up the KKK!

And with that I'm going to retire and muse upon Einstein's opinions about infinity.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20230529_192750_Google.jpg

The Prince's Trust has dropped Phillip Schofield as an ambassador after he admitted he had an affair with a young male colleague and lied to cover it up.

The charity, founded by the King, said it was "no longer appropriate" for it to work with the presenter.
Schofield, 61, last Friday issued a statement about the relationship and announced he was leaving ITV.
It came a week after he quit his role at ITV's This Morning after reports of a rift with co-star Holly Willoughby.
In a statement, Schofield apologised for lying repeatedly to hide the relationship with the male employee, calling it "unwise but not illegal".
ITV said it was "deeply disappointed by the admissions of deceit" made by Schofield and confirmed it had cut all ties with the host.

The network said it had investigated rumours of a relationship between Phillip and a younger employee in 2020 - but both "repeatedly denied" it.
Schofield was also dropped by his talent agency YMU.
ITV said Schofield's statement... "reveals that he lied to people at ITV, from senior management to fellow presenters, to YMU, to the media and to others over this relationship".
His exit from ITV means he will no longer present the British Soap Awards next month.
He will also not front a new prime-time series which the network said last week they were developing with him.
A Prince's Trust spokesperson said: "In light of Phillip's recent admissions, we have agreed with him that it is no longer appropriate to work together."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65761305

Is that because he told lies?
I wonder how many employment contacts stress you can't tell lies?
Like about Father Christmas and the tooth fairy...

I wonder how many employment contacts stress you can't tell lies?
Like about Father Christmas and the tooth fairy...
What they are not real 😭

Joking aside if you are under investigation for something and you repeatedly lie and they later find out you lied i imagine most employees could legally be sacked but he wasnt, I wonder why he didn't stand his ground if what he did didn't break the law he could have waited to be sacked then taken them to court for unfair dismissal.

I had forgotten about this thread and I have no idea why it’s being turned into “a pitchfork wielding mob akin to the kkk ?”
Can’t a discussion happen on here anymore without some hurling insults around like sweets at a grooming party ??
It does not impact my life one bit what he did or didn’t do but sometimes we need to have discussions about allegations in order to make an informed decision about someone’s quilt.
And to say he is innocent until proven guilty is a very naive attitude to take considering all “peados” are innocent until they are caught. Not saying he is a peado but he met the boy when he was 10 and befriended him and helped his career along then ended up sleeping with him so it’s a very dubious scenario to say the lest.
And if your main concern in all this is that boris is getting away with a lot more then start your own witch hunt @An Ankoù 😂😂

I thought it was 15.

When did Phillip Schofield meet his lover?
15-year-old
He reportedly met his former lover when the man was a 15-year-old boy at drama school but said the affair did not begin until the man was much older and had begun working at ITV.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...edly met his former,had begun working at ITV.
I read somewhere the boy attended the drama school he is patron of when he was 10.
See that’s what this is all about -getting the facts right 😜

The papers all said that he was 15 (3 examples below) so it looks like they got their facts right where are you getting your 10 year old story from?

I haven't been back through the whole thread but do not remember anyone here saying the boy was 10.

In the interview, Schofield revealed he worked with the colleague for a short period and had become friend
And he also admitted as to when he first met his young lover.

He said: "We did first meet when he was 15, I visited the drama school (he attended).”

Schofield is at lengths to point out the chronology of events, and make clear the pair were not in touch romantically or inappropriately after they first communicated when the boy was just 15.

young male colleague who had an affair with Phillip Schofield was only 15-years-old when they first met, it has emerged.
Schofield, 61, quit ITV on Friday after confessing he had a relationship with a much younger man who worked with him on This Morning.

Reports surfaced on Sunday claiming that the veteran TV presenter met the boy while giving a talk at a theatre school.

The schoolboy asked him for a job and Schofield reportedly arranged an interview for him. He later took on a role as an ITV production assistant when he turned 18.

Lawyers representing Schofield confirmed to the Standard that he met the boy when he was 15 but said the affair began after he started working at ITV.

Phillip Schofield's young lover 'was just 15 when they first met'​

The ex-This Morning presenter is reported to have first met the younger colleague with whom he had an affair after giving a talk at a theatre school.​

By MATT GIBSON

The younger colleague with whom Phillip Schofield admitted to having an affair was reportedly 15 years old when the pair first met.
Ex-This Morning star Schofield first met his future colleague while he was giving a talk at a theatre school, according to a national newspaper.

The report comes after Schofield's former co-host Holly Willoughby said he previously denied to her having a relationship with a younger ITV colleague – adding his admission now is “very hurtful”.
“When reports of this relationship first surfaced, I asked Phil directly if this was true and was told it was not," she said.
“It’s been very hurtful to now find out that this was a lie.”

Latest posts

Back