Here we go

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lying
Disimulation
Deceiving the public
Misuse of power
Bullying
Unfaithfulness
Sexual incontinence
Abuse of position
Arrogance
Gross incompetence
Contempt for the law, domestic and international
Contempt for the monarch
Betraying close colleagues, even friends to further own ends.
Lying
Lying
Lying.

I'm referring to Boris. Why are we focusing on small-fry? Makes a nice distraction from the stuff coming out about our ex-PM, though, doesn't it. Anybody think it's by chance Schofield is the headline and Boris is on page 2?

Smoke and mirrors.

Except for the monarch bit that sounds like most people in positions of power.
They don't get there by being "nice"...and most do alright out of it.
Like burglars...they know the rewards and consequences if caught are high.

Except for the monarch bit that sounds like most people in positions of power.
They don't get there by being "nice"...and most do alright out of it.
Like burglars...they know the rewards and consequences if caught are high.
You're right Clint. Probably does apply to many people in power. If they break the law, like Boris seems to have done then they should be prosecuted. There can't be one law for some and another for others.
I'm at a loss to understand what law this guy has broken, though. Clumping him in with Savil would suggest he's a paedophile, but I see no suggestion of that in the press, just that he's broken trust with his employer, his wife and his audience. How is that in the same league as the stuff Boris and some of our elected representatives appear to be getting away with?
If they take him in and charge him for something that would be different even if he would still be innocent until proven guilty, but this is a bank holiday smokescreen in my opinion.

Last edited:
If Schofield is a perv lock him up but as for the rest of it who cares??
I know lots of liars,cheats and some right rogues. Their choice, their life. Don't get involved. As long as they're not bothering me or mine I don't really care.

Lying
Disimulation
Deceiving the public
Misuse of power
Bullying
Unfaithfulness
Sexual incontinence
Abuse of position
Arrogance
Gross incompetence
Contempt for the law, domestic and international
Contempt for the monarch
Betraying close colleagues, even friends to further own ends.
Lying
Lying
Lying.

I'm referring to Boris. Why are we focusing on small-fry? Makes a nice distraction from the stuff coming out about our ex-PM, though, doesn't it. Anybody think it's by chance Schofield is the headline and Boris is on page 2?

Smoke and mirrors.
Yes and it’s not just Johnson. Now, it seems, some of the duplicitous bar stewards have been claiming their traffic fines on already generous expenses! No one else in any other walk of life would be permitted to do that. It’s an outright scandal and they should be prosecuted. But hey, some bloke off the telly’s had an extra marital affair!!!

Yes and it’s not just Johnson. Now, it seems, some of the duplicitous bar stewards have been claiming their traffic fines on already generous expenses! No one else in any other walk of life would be permitted to do that. It’s an outright scandal and they should be prosecuted. But hey, some bloke off the telly’s had an extra marital affair!!!
Spot in @TonyT .
Exactly what I've been trying to get across. I despair. Most people really don't want to face up to what matters so long as they feel good inside by denouncing some of bloke of the telly. Makes me feel even more depressed than Marvin.

Spot in @TonyT .
Exactly what I've been trying to get across. I despair. Most people really don't want to face up to what matters so long as they feel good inside by denouncing some of bloke of the telly. Makes me feel even more depressed than Marvin.
I think you can do both.
Criticise a cruel incompetent government and vote against it, if you live in the jurisdiction and condemn a 60 year man who allegedly groomed a teenager.

I think you can do both.
Criticise a cruel incompetent government and vote against it, if you live in the jurisdiction and condemn a 60 year man who allegedly groomed a teenager.
I'm very suspicious about why you would want to do the latter anyway. First you say "allegedly groomed" where did you get that from? The more decent press say they met when the lad was 15. I don't see any allegations of grooming, but I won't pollute my mind by reading the rags so maybe there's something there. So if it's just an allegation, why do you want to condemn the man? Did you condemn Cliff Richard when there were some real allegations? Why do you talk about a 60-year-old who allegedly groomed a teenager? When this lad was a teenager Schofield was much younger than 60. Why do you exaggerate to make it sound as bad as it possibly could do? It sounds like a witch hunt to me. Don't we all love a witch hunt?
If this guy has done something wrong then the police should be on to it. I'm sure, given his brother's situation, he's very much on the radar anyway. Yet he remains at large. Look at yourself and ask yourself some serious questions about your motives, @Bosch. You and others here.
If he done it, hang him. Until then, leave him alone.

I don't have to "live in the jurisdiction" to vote in a general election.

Edit:
it's interesting to google "celebrities who married as teens" there are quite a few I've found at least two who married men in their 50s. No question of grooming here. Makes me wonder if there's a homophobic element to all this. Probably not, but there's no smoke without fire, is there. Who knows?

Last edited:
Look at yourself and ask yourself some serious questions about your motives, @Bosch. You and others here.
If he done it, hang him. Until then, leave him alone.

I don't have to "live in the jurisdiction" to vote in a general election.

Edit:
Makes me wonder if there's a homophobic element to all this.
I apologise, I am not really sure what your point is here?

As for my motives, I am clear in my conscience.

First you say "allegedly groomed" where did you get that from? T
I am sure you will have used the search term posted earlier in another thread when members asked what had gone on so you are well aware of where the allegations came from, as for him leaving he lied about the relationship when he was asked about it and that is why I am sure he was given the option to resign rather than be sacked.

Last edited:
The 61-year-old was forced to confirm allegations of an affair were true because his former lover – who had also worked on This Morning – had unexpectedly confessed all to his lawyers.

Schofield had hired top law firm Mishcon de Reya to represent the young man, now in his mid 20s, presumably believing that he would keep quiet.

But his former lover – who the MoS has chosen not to name – told lawyers that although he feared exposure, he was fed up lying about the relationship.

The Mail on Sunday, which first broke the scandal, can also reveal:

I apologise, I am not really sure what your point is here?

As for my motives, I am clear in my conscience.
Sorry @Bosch. Until a bloke's proven guilty of something in a court of law, he's innocent so far as I'm concerned and it really makes me angry when this isn't observed. When kids come into the question we are much more disgusted than if a person is alleged to have robbed bank, spat on a Tory or run over someone while drunk and much more shame attaches to the family and friends of that person. So we need to be much more careful and avoid a witch hunt. If he's guilty of something I think we can be sure he'll get his comeuppance. In the meantime he's lost his job and reputation and is a hounded man over, as far as I can see, lying about an affair.
That was my point @Bosch
My other and earlier point is that we should be focusing on the real and immediate danger posed by our government instead of this sad fellow. By the way, I think I know who he is as I would have seen him on TV if he was on the morning show in 2016 or earlier. If it's who I think it is, I can't stand the guy or his sidekick. But that's a million miles away from the point.

As for the Mail on Sunday. Do give over. Isn't this Rothermere's rag or used to be. I'd look into the credentials and allegiances of this paper before I associated myself with it by citing it.

as for the Mail on Sunday. Do give over. Isn't this Rothermere's rag or used to be. I'd look into the credentials and allegiances of this paper before I associated myself with it by citing it.

I was expecting that so here you go -

The Guardian

In his statement, Schofield apologised for lying to This Morning about the relationship. “The first thing I want to say is: I am deeply sorry for having lied to them, and to many others about a relationship that I had with someone working on This Morning,” he said.

“I did have a consensual on-off relationship with a younger male colleague at This Morning.” He added: “Contrary to speculation, whilst I met the man when he was a teenager and was asked to help him to get into television, it was only after he started to work on the show that it became more than just a friendship. That relationship was unwise, but not illegal. It is now over.”

The statement continued: “I am painfully conscious that I have lied to my employers at ITV, to my colleagues and friends, to my agents, to the media and therefore the public and most importantly of all to my family. I am so very, very sorry, as I am for having been unfaithful to my wife.”

Last edited:
I was expecting that so here you go -

The Guardian

In his statement, Schofield apologised for lying to This Morning about the relationship. “The first thing I want to say is: I am deeply sorry for having lied to them, and to many others about a relationship that I had with someone working on This Morning,” he said.

“I did have a consensual on-off relationship with a younger male colleague at This Morning.” He added: “Contrary to speculation, whilst I met the man when he was a teenager and was asked to help him to get into television, it was only after he started to work on the show that it became more than just a friendship. That relationship was unwise, but not illegal. It is now over.”

The statement continued: “I am painfully conscious that I have lied to my employers at ITV, to my colleagues and friends, to my agents, to the media and therefore the public and most importantly of all to my family. I am so very, very sorry, as I am for having been unfaithful to my wife.”
Yeah. We know all that. He had an affair. Big deal.
What is he "alleged" to have done that warrant such hounding of a guy who went off the rails like so many others?
Who is making these allegations- if there are any allegations?

Didn't Boris have affairs from time to time? Did he get all this?

What is he "alleged" to have done that warrant such hounding of a guy who went off the rails like so many others?

Its not alleged he did it and admitted to it.

As i said earlier i have a feeling he was given the option to leave rather than be sacked which they were in their rights to do when he finally admitted he had lied in the investigation.
(as discussed in the video)

Last edited:
Yeah. We know all that. He had an affair. Big deal.
The reason why this is a story is the boy he had an affair with may have been 15 at the time. Possibly as young as 10.
Schools was in his 50s when they first met.
If a 50 plus year old having a relationship with an under person does not bother you, fair enough

The reason why this is a story is the boy he had an affair with may have been 15 at the time. Possibly as young as 10.

I doubt we will ever find out if the rumours the lad was under age are true but it doesn't change the fact he lied in the investigation.
His agency have also dropped him -

The veteran TV presenter, 61, resigned from the broadcaster on Friday and was dropped by his talent agency YMU after admitting to an “unwise, but not illegal” affair with a young male colleague on This Morning.
Lawyers representing Schofield have confirmed they met when the boy was 15, but said the affair began after he started working at ITV, and the man’s lawyers have also confirmed this.
In a statement on Friday, Schofield said the man was a teenager when they were introduced, and he was asked to help him get into television but underlined that it was a number of years later when he joined the show as an adult that their affair began.

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-05-28/schofield-first-met-colleague-he-later-had-affair-with-at-age-15

Latest posts

Back