Hi from London

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bump

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently just looking into getting into home brewing. I was bought a few books in the subject as part of a works leaving present and it's sparked my interest.

I am thinking of going down the kit route initially and progressing through to all grain brewing. Certainly if my coffee habit is anything in line then that's where it'll end up.

One of the key issues I'll have to look at due to space is the smell aspect (SWMBO grumbling about the idea already), so any thoughts you have on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Bump

Hey Bump
I'm in North London! Smell has never been a problem to be honest - although a considerable amount of the rest of the process frequently is. The malt smells are fantastic!

Hi, welcome to the forum.

My wife can't stand the smell of the Boiling so I do all my brewing in the garage. Keeps me out of her way as well.

Thanks for the welcomes.

I think I may be able to get round the boiling smell by timing it with one of her shopping trips. I really miss our old place as I had the perfect garage to brew in.

@Tony: I'm up North too, in Harringay. It's the lack of decent pubs that is driving this one more than anything (The Salisbury and Garden Ladder excepted)

Cheers

Bump

I'm in Palmers Green... yes so sad, decent pubs are now few and far between. Good luck with it - shout if you need any help!

Latest posts

Back