Honey IPA issues

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigYan

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Got some issues with my honey IPA that I hope someone can help me with.

I have brewed a John Bull IPA but used 600g of pure Honey with 600g of sugar. All seemed ok untill I keged it.

I used 150g of honey + 13tsp of sugar to prime the barrel, left it a few weeks tried to pull a pint & nothing happened (starts glugging with air coming through the tap into the barrel before any ale comes out). Left it another week or so but still nothing comes out of the barrel with any preassure & is flat as a fart :(.
I have tried repriming with another 200g of sugar and got 1 pint out before it stoped again. I have used 3 captules so far to no real effect past the first pint.
Also the beer is not clearing like the standard IPA i have in m KingKeg.

Hope someone can help with some advice as the Honey works wonders & I dont want to throw the lot away.

Sounds like you have a leaking krg to me thats why you havent got pressure and also this could be the reason why the beer isnt clearing .The pressure forces suspended yeast partices down,hence clearing the beer

fd505517_holy20thread20resurrection.jpg

Back