How big is yours?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Goatreich

Landlord.
Reaction score
Presuming most of you brew and store in your sheds? I'm currently in the process of gutting my garden, and I'm shed shopping (YES!) My shed at the moment is 8x6, and I have enough room for general tools, gardening bits and bobs and to store all my brewing stuff and conditioning beers, however I don't have room for any fermentation fridges, or a larder fridge for conditioning, which would be ideal.

I don't think I'd have much room for much more than 10x8, which still wouldn't give me a massive amount of space for a full stainless awesome setup, but I can probably get a couple of fridges and a chest freezer for SWMBO, along with the usual stuff like barbecue, painting stuff and gardening bits.

I'm waffling now, but mainly the purpose of this thread is:
show me your shed p0rn and give me some ideas. I'm talking maximum man-cave for minimal space.

how Big is yours ?

apparently minute I've been told.

I don't keep my brewing stuff ( apart from empty bottles ) in the 10 x 8 shed as the temperatures are far too hot and variable in the summer or too cold in the winter. I use it for the household stuff and use my garage instead.
Although actually brewing would be possible in the shed if things were re arranged but I would not be confident with the security of bright shiny things , this is South Yorkshire after all the county of Steal. yes I did spell it correctly.

I don't have the luxury of a garage, which is why I'd love something with temperature control in the shed, but I'll have to wait and see whether it's possible. One day I'll have a shiny setup with conicals.

This is my brewing corner of the garage:
frivolous-frog001.jpg

before I made it a pumped/level system and got the conial. Its about 3m wide by 70cm deep plus room in front to access it all. Then (elsewhere) I've got a similar space for keggerators etc. and some space in the kitchen and the spare bedroom for storing ingredients and so on.

The biggest bit of advice I can give is to think about services (electricity, drains, water supply) and what happens in winter when it all freezes shut and/or when any steam instantly turns to condensation dripping off the ceiling and walls. The dedicated space is very nice to have, but I'd really under-estimated the inconvenience of moving out of the kitchen.

Also after a year or two of brewing out there I wish I'd sealed the floor against wort seeping in and mould taking hold, and also and made the door slug, snail and mouse proof as they're all attracted by brewing sweetnness.

Cheers
kev

Nice space eddie :thumb: I planned on making a permanent space in my workshop but they are reluctant to renue my lease so I don't want to spend any money putting in power and water to where I was going to place it. Perhaps if I have to move and get a longer lease I will build a more permanent base. :thumb: :thumb:

31bb3 said:
No chance of swmbo finding out your hobby and letting you have a man cave in the garden then Alistair

She'll know if she sees this thread :lol: :lol: :thumb:

Then GA will be a rumbled brewer :lol:

:cheers:

Back