how old are you and how long you been brewing?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
56 in November, started when I got married and our 1st own place, autumn 1977, started with extract beers going all grain within about 6 months. To old to the maths but still married and still brewing.

Turbotez said:
26, started in Feb this year.

Love the fact that there are peeps on here that were brewing before i was born!!!!

Gotta love the internet
ok Don`t rub it in

Turbotez said:
......... Love the fact that there are peeps on here that were brewing before i was born!!!!

Wish I could say the same :roll:

28 years :D , started kit brewing 3 yeasr ago. All grain for about 18 months ago! :D

I'm 54 and 3/4 years old. I bought my first round of 3 pints for 39p (yes 13p each in the public bar, 14p in the posh saloon bar) when I was working as a Saturday boy at C Brewers decorating shop - they still going? You could go out with one of those new fangled 50p pieces, ten bob in real money, and have ten or twelve pints, a packet of fags (not a crime in those days!) , a curry (obviously), get a taxi home and still have enough left over for a deposit on a house.

I tried wine making when I was a teenager, but I couldn't be arsed with all the sterilising and stuff, so you can guess what the results were like. Started again about a year ago, along with bread making and woolly jumper wearing. I would like to start beer brewing, but have a tendency to get 'thirsty' so all that luvverly beer might be to tempting!

Cheers, Simon

I'm 41 and have been AG for 6 years now. I did brew kits when I was a student. Infact the only two things I bought from boots were beer supplies and acne cream. :lol:

34 years old, Been brewing only for about 6 months due to a Christmas present last year. And I'm hooked - currently building up a basic AG set-up

I've just had a flashback, (it's my age) did anyone else use "Sterilised Milk Bottles" to bottle beer, you could crown cap them.
That's probably why a lot of them exploded :lol:

im 23, been brewing since the 8th of july, very first kit was a coopers draught, since then Ive done coopers- lager,mexican cerveza, canadian blonde,european lager, turbo cider, ginger beer, elderflower champagne, milestones dasher the flasher kit, all in 5 months. can honestly say if it wasnt for the folks on this forum i wouldnt have started out brewing, cheers guys :cheers:

47 now I started with Boots equipment and a lager kit from Woolworths when I was 16 'cos me dad would'nt let me go to the pub being underage, it put me off lager for life :lol:

Im 30 my dad and uncles brewed kits when i was growing up. Apart from one or two kits i didnt get my own equipment and start brewing till about 12 months ago and with the help of many from THBF I went AG about three months ago now I have three under my belt :-) cheers!!

37 and i have been brewing kits on and off for 15 years or so...family also owned a very large scottish brewery once along time ago...they still produce and have a the photo of my GGGG Grandfather on the front!

I just turned 38 in early September. I've been brewing since April '07. I did 1 extract kit in April '07. 1 in May and then switched to AG. Been making improvements ever since!

I started brewing beer kits about 29 years ago and started making wine 27 years ago,
i have never use wine kits when making wine.
With over 40 gallons of wine fermenting and maturing,and 3 barrels of beer on the go at the mo.

I'm 50 and used to help my dad when he started brewing in the early 70s. My elder sister started making wine around the same time and it wasn't long before they were brewing in industrial quantities. We used to bottle the beer (Boots or Tom Caxton lager, both tasted like 5*ite, even with half a pint of lime cordial to disguise the taste) in 1 litre glass lemonade bottles. In the long hot summer of 1976, loads of bottles exploded. No-one had any idea how many I was drinking, and then leaving the smashed empties on the shed floor. Happy days.

I gave up brewing in the late 80s before starting up again 18 months ago. The wife still puts lime cordial in my AG pale ales :eek:

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back