I'm Back ;)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR2Jay77

Reaction score
Good morning folks....Yup, I'm back after a couple years out :) I did have another usename on here (MR2Jay funnily enough) but I can't remember the logins for the life of me, nor can I even remember the email address I used ;)

Found all my homebrew stuff in the garage at the weekend after somebody asked about one of my "special brew's" and decided I'd get going again. Just going to be working with Demijohns to begin with as I haven't the space I once had.

So, this special brew? Every year we have a chilli challenge at car shows and a few years ago I did a Ghost Chilli cider that was awesome. To give you a clue, this stuff has a really good, smooth cider flavour followed by a BIG hit of chilli.The really wierd thing is that on the next swig, the cider part cleansed the pallette ready for the next hit. Sounds bizarre but I swear it works. So this weekend I am putting another batch of this Turbo Cider with added Nitrous Oxide on to brew so it has a few months to mellow.

The recipe for this cider is

5 litres of Apple Juice (100% stuff).
65g Brewing sugar
1/2tsp yeast nutrient
1/2tsp pectolase
1tsp glycerin
1tsp Malic Acid
1/2 large mug of very strong very stewed tea.
1/4 large mug of steeped chilli (chilli is cut into very fine pieces and placed into boiling water to form a "tea", Once cooled, the entire brew, chillies and all, are transferred into the demijohn. These are filtered out after the first fermentation stage)
Wine Yeast (Champagne)

I'm also putting a Fruit Tea wine on again but saving a bottle as an experiment. Going to try and carbonate it as I think that would be stunning. I have a plan to re-activate it, much like Champagne but this will be an experiment.

So yeah, I'm back and getting creative. I'm tempted to give beer making a go WITHOUT the kit but not just yet ;)

Jay

Got the bug back now, saw a recipe for an Elderflower Cordial on here that looks tempting, especially as I can try a wine from it. I've wondered what to do with all the berries we get here :whistle:Still, that's one for later in the year. I need to take stock of what kit I have, I've bought all new powders and potions and plan from that.

Truthfully I have never found beer and chilli a great combination but I do know others that like it....Personal taste I suppose.

Equally, a heftily spiced cider might not be another's cup of tea so to speak :lol:

Latest posts

Back