I'm very new but ready to brew!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrissol

Reaction score
Hi 👋
Ive recently embarked on my brewing adventure and used this forum for tips before decided to join because you guys seem quite cool athumb.. , i started a few month's ago with the PINTER done a few brews with them and really enjoyed, then i fancied doing something a little different, ive started a Solomon Grundy 7 day (yeah right) rose wine kit this is currently in the clearing stage but i feel i may have messed it up as it still smells a little acidic. ive also turned to turbo cider and have an apple and mango cider currently bubbling away. ive been doing everything in small batches 5l demijohns due to space. i was really interested in doing some lager's in the demi's too but have struggled to find any recipe's/instructions for this size link me up if have any.
Eventually i'm looking into doing 23l batches once i have room/persuded the mrs haha.

happy to be on the group
cheers chris

😎

We're not cool, we're pisssed. Welcome to Valhalla.
You say you're new, but you seem to have tried a few things. What do you really like to drink? I'd concentrate on that, to start with as the processes are quite different.
If lager's your thing, then 5 litre batches are easier than big ones as you can put the FV in the fridge.

Welcome to the forum thumb.

Glad you have enjoyed your experience with the PINTER it has had mixed reviews here.

We're not cool, we're pisssed. Welcome to Valhalla.
You say you're new, but you seem to have tried a few things. What do you really like to drink? I'd concentrate on that, to start with as the processes are quite different.
If lager's your thing, then 5 litre batches are easier than big ones as you can put the FV in the fridge.
I've just started the wine and cider recently I kinda go for everything when I start something new I get a little carried away. 😆

Hello and welcome. I started with the aim of having 2 brews done at any one time. I quickly realised that 2 brews when shared with my neighbour are gone far too fast. And not nearly enough. Now I’m working towards a stash of 5 beers brewed. I’m getting a little carried away too.

Back