in one word, describe your brewing style

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considered.
Hell, that sounds awfully boring. But I guess what I do would indeed be awfully boring to many. I make careful notes on each of my brews. I never brew from other peoples recipes - but I read some & I hope learn from them. At the moment I'm developing 5 of my own recipes. When I say "developing", by now it's almost just "tweaking" at least 3 of them - the other 2 need work!
Hey, but 20 years ago I only brewed 1 beer. Again & again, with minimal variation. Then, I didn't know enough to get pretty well the same result repeatedly (still can't guarantee it now of course :smile: ) but I got close enough. Why do this? Because in my younger days there were very, very few beers - and only one style - that I actually rated (light-bodied English bitter with good hop aroma). So I wanted to brew this.
Now, with better ingredients - and particularly the wonderful hops now available (but also better quality malts) - I'm branching out! But my aim is the same - to make a very limited number of beers. But to make them absolutely as good as I can!

Knackered.

Me - "I'm off out to the garage for a couple of hours."

SWMBO - "That's what you said yesterday and you were out there for nearly eight hours."

Me - "I've only go a few bits and bobs to do today."

SWMBO - "You said that yesterday as well. What do you find to do out there?"

Me - "Er .... !?!?"

The truth is I really don't know why, but a ten minute job seems to take an hour nowadays! :whistle:

Maybe because the shed doesn't have **** TV on for hours, and staring at bubbles is far more interesting than something called 'real housewives of (insert US city)' By any chance?

Or just me?

Back