Is an old Grainfather G30 worth buying?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OliH

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was hoping for a few opinions on whether or not an older G30 was worth buying?

Not quite sure which version it is but it has a basic looking controller with manual switches a small screen with a blue face plate and small red, yellow and blue buttons.

I thought you knowledgeable lot my know what version it was and there were any problems with that generation 🙂

The hardware hasn't really changed much from the original model to the current version. If it's still in good nick, then definitely worth buying.
This is the most modern control box (there are only two control boxes) that has bluetooth and can connect to the app. Grainfather G30 Connect Control Box - The Malt Miller

If the model you're looking at buying doesnt have that and you want it, you can just buy it and replace the old controller box.

Thanks for the replies I missed out on the auction though! It went for £256, £6 more than I had bid.

I think I'll hold off and get a Brewzilla gen4 for my winter brew season!

Latest posts

Back