Is there a Combined S30 / 8 gram CO 2 valve?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mancer62

Landlord.
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as an adapter you can purchase that turns an S 30 valve into an 8 gram CO 2 one?
If so can I ask the name of it? How good does it work ? Cost, Name and addresses of suppliers would be greatly appreciated ty.
Can I also ask how easy it is to remove and refit from one keg to next and is it a small spanner yes? In effect say you had 5 kegs each with a S 30 valve but buying one of these converter adapters turns them all also into 8 gram CO 2 ones also yes?
Look forward to your views and advice. :cheers:

Johnnyboy it's both logistical and convenience. I don't drive and the cost and time it would take for me to travel to the other side of Glasgow or of posting refill back and forward would feel just be too much hassle. Anyway if I maybe one day did get a refill I would still have that option as all my barrels have the S30 valve. :cheers:

But 8g are so much more expensive....I understand the logistics as your not allowed to post S30 gas cylinders....just a idea...get a few S30 bottles and then make the trip to get them re-filled....this is probably a rubbish idea as I don't know your logistics

i got my ss s30/8g from a my lhbs for less than £10. and £5 for my ss threaded 8g . not used it yet only done a few tests . got my last lot of 8g bulbs from wilko in sales for £2(for 10)

Latest posts

Back