is this a sign of fermentation has started

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g2147

Reaction score
just stated brewing haven't got much of a clue but trying just wanted some input on fermentation to make sure it has started is this a good sign?

20150816_144506.jpg

20150816_144517.jpg

Yes, that's brewing along nicely. Replace the lid and don't check again for a few days. It's hard not to peek but every time you have a look, the CO2 that forms is replaced by the air around you and Oxygen is really bad for your beer and will make it spoil. It's fine to have the odd peek but don't do it too much. Also leave it a bit longer than the kit recommends. Most of the brewing will be done in the first 3 days (unless it's a slow brew like the Woodforde Wherry) but there's still unwanted particles floating about the beer. More time gives them time to settle. I've a Stout in my well sealed bucket that's been there for 15 days and I'll not bottle it until next weekend.

That's good news this is my first time haven't got a clue what I'm doing but getting better info on here than the instructions that came with evil dog kit. thanks for taking a look and for advise

im brewing bulldog evil dog driving me nuts cant wait for it to finish put it into keg wednesday so still couple of weeks to go :drunk:

And ideally 4 more once it's kegged....patience is the hardest part of this hobby.

And ideally 4 more once it's kegged....patience is the hardest part of this hobby.

Too true, the best antidote to the 'waiting blues' is to get another brew on once you have free'd up your Fermentation Vessel.

That sounds good to me gonna carry on brewing to build up some for xmas. Definitely going to leave it 4 weeks

Back