Just bought a 27L burco boiler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brupaks boiler arrived and working perfectly as far as I can see. Brought 15L of water to a boil rapidly. It's lagged with insulation, so held temp well.

So, I have a boiler and a mash tun.
Will make my chiller later this week.
Eyeing up an Inkbird.

Brewing at the weekend?

Just be careful when using extension leads as your burco boiler element is using 3000 Watts/240v=12.5A or 13A if on a 230v supply.
Ensure that extension lead is unwound to reduce heat with current draw and is a minimum of 1.5mm cable,or you may end up with it blowing fuse's/trips in the middle of a boil.Is it possible to move the boiler so it plugs direct into the socket outlet on the wall?

As for your run off,attach a garden hose to run off outside to the drain which is usually the best option or to a sink nearby.With you having water source nearby I'm assuming that this maybe for a washing machine in the garage and if so you could tie of and run your hose into the waste drain.

Quick question (you're a sparky, right?) - I'm thinking about getting a little heater. I was looking at the tube heaters, and then read about the little fan heaters.

Is there a power usage/heat output I really shouldn't be going past, do you think? Sorry if that's a daft question.

Quick question (you're a sparky, right?) - I'm thinking about getting a little heater. I was looking at the tube heaters, and then read about the little fan heaters.

Is there a power usage/heat output I really shouldn't be going past, do you think? Sorry if that's a daft question.
Hope Gerryjo doesn’t mind me answering for him.
Is the heater you are talking about for a fermentation fridge? If so then a small tubular heater that fits in the bottom will be fine,around 30-70w max depending on type.
A fan heater is was more expensive to run.
Inkbird is the way to go for temp control.
Good luck mate

:thumb1:Yeah,info overload
I was banned from the kitchen after 1 brew.
My shed is a mess after moving but I’m putting some worktop in, a man cave is a haven for brewing,if only I had a tap,and a sink,and a toilet

It’s still sitting like this after last bottling session,hut stinks,in a good way

Attachments

• 6C87544E-8BE3-4C0D-993B-97B73E69D511.jpeg
    6C87544E-8BE3-4C0D-993B-97B73E69D511.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 63
Hope Gerryjo doesn’t mind me answering for him.
Is the heater you are talking about for a fermentation fridge? If so then a small tubular heater that fits in the bottom will be fine,around 30-70w max depending on type.
A fan heater is was more expensive to run.
Inkbird is the way to go for temp control.
Good luck mate
Don't mind at all:Cheers:

Ordered an Inkbird.

Will pick up piping and a tube heater on Thursday. Will spend the evening cleaning. Friday or Saturday could be my first brew day. Tonight I'll scout for recipes before the match.

Have a great day, my advice would be to go with the flow and just ferment whatever comes out the other side. Then iron out any issues on the next brew day. Don’t try to micromanage too much this time around.

Just to avoid any potential disappointment, the tube heater I bought (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ID7UF7A/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20) didn't come with a plug as it's intended to be wired into a fixed fused spur. So just make sure you check and/or have a spare plug to hand.

The 45w heater linked is plenty for my under counter fridge. Don't mount vertically, apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back