just need a few tips

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wipeout

Reaction score
abour half a year ago i made my first brew a real ale lions pride i think. it all went well and tasted good, this time i have decyded to go for a larger instead i went with the brew buddy larger kit tough i have folowe the instructioni noticed a few diffrenced in the process it proberly just cos there obviously diffrent brew but thought i would ask anyways when i did my ale when i sprinkled the yeast onto the brew it said not to stir it in yet on the larger it said to stir it in is that correct or should i have stired or not stired them boath? also when moving it to the bucket on this one it says just to put the lid on yet on my last one it said to leave 1 edge unsnapped to allow some gasses to escape? should i do the same with the larger or just leave the lid tight on?
thanks
rookie

you can sprinkle or stir in, i normally sprinkle yeast and then aerate the wort which mixes it in.

As long as the c02 can escape you will be fine, if you snap the lid on the pressure will build up and lift the lid a bit anyway.

cheers thought that would be the case with the lid kinda odd that they dont put that on the instructions been its aimed at beginners lol

Latest posts

Back