Keezer Help?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK

Reaction score
Hello,

One drunken night the misses agreed to allow me to put a keezer in our living room under the condition it looks nice. If it was up to me a simple collar and maybe a paint job would do.. more about the product than the looks for me!

So with no wood work experience and barely any tools of my own I'm faced with building a fancy looking keezer.

OhS1VFx.jpg

Yes I have just done this in MS Paint.. please don't laugh..

A few concerns of mine;

1) Pretty sure its a bad idea to have panels all the way around? Fairly sure the freezer will kick out a lot of heat.
2) Panels in my plans are only attached to the base, and not to each other. Would a collar be required around the top and if so how could I make that look fancy?
3) My plan is plywood being glued onto the freezer lid with timber frame around that leaving a lip on the top side for tiles to be seated. How could I attach this timber frame? Is there a easier way of doing this?
4) I wouldn't think the freezer lid has coolant lines running through? Little nervous about cutting a hole in this.. anyone got any experience?

Any general pointers would be good.

Thanks
Dave

We knocked down a wall to extend the living room the entire length of the house so we have a dining table and glass doors into the garden behind the sofas and tv area.

Our kitchen is tiny, as is our hallway. Upstairs would be really unpractical. The shed would be its home if it doesn't look nice enough for the house!

I had an image of you sitting next to it while watching TV :lol: as its a full length living room i imagine it could be made to fit in nicely but as i was (and still am) **** at woodwork i cannot help, with luck someone else will be able to now we know your needs.

That sounds perfectly acceptable to me, a five tap keezer beside the tv!

But no it'll be tucked away in the back of the room behind the sofas and opposite the dining table.

There's lot of info on youtube. Try this one: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NstEB9Gk35Q[/ame]

Latest posts

Back