King Keg question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morethanworts

Landlord.
Reaction score
...well, three questions if I may ;)

I used to have a KK (top tap). Never liked the tap or the lack of grip on the cap when tight.

So are there any (no more expensive) alternatives that still have an S30 valve and a big enough cap to get your hand in? I'd like it to be bottom tap - less clobber inside. Not cornies.

Does anyone please have the dimensions of a KK: height, diameter and how far the tap protrudes.

Last question: is it a 1" hole for the tap on KKs? I have a Lyne tap with a flip and extension, that I may well fit.

TIA :thumb:

You can get keg 'spanners' that help you open them back up for a few £ and if you vaseline the o ring when you put the cap on, will come off easier. Don't know the diameter of the opening for the tap, sorry!

morethanworts said:
Does anyone please have the dimensions of a KK: height, diameter and how far the tap protrudes... is it a 1" hole for the tap on KKs?:
I just measured my KK top tap... all are approximate;

Height: 470mm including lid and S30 valve
Diameter: 290mm
Tap protrudes: 50mm further than at the widest diameter
Hole diameter: 29mm

Thanks very much for the measurements :thumb:

I can't see a manufacturer's home page: is there one... and who makes them?

If the hole is 29mm then it would be too large for my Lyne tap, which needs a fairly tight 25mm :( . However, the KK would fit in my brewfridge going by those dimensions (whereas my HB Beersphere doesn't).

29cm keg diameter (plus the tap)? They're deceptively narrow.

my local hbs stonehelm is also online, and they have a few different pbs for sale ive seen em on the shelf and on the site, and if u ring em thur fri or sat and ask for Stefan he knows his brewing.. im sure he would be happy to provide dimensions etc for his stock.. especially if there is the prospect of a sale. :)

morethanworts said:
29cm keg diameter (plus the tap)? They're deceptively narrow.
Yep. I had to double check this as it sounded too small. It was c.14cm radius from the centre of the S30 valve.

I'm going to check again when I get home.

Latest posts

Back